How do you add comment/label to a position?

Created at 21 May 2014, 02:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

panupat

Joined 19.07.2013

How do you add comment/label to a position?
21 May 2014, 02:59

I see we can have it showed up in our position lists but I am unable to modify it. How do I add my own notes to it?

@panupat
Replies

Spotware
21 May 2014, 09:46

It is possible to specify Label or Comment only when you execute market order or place pending order.

@Spotware

ycomp
03 Apr 2017, 16:12

RE:

Spotware said:

It is possible to specify Label or Comment only when you execute market order or place pending order.

is label not available via the connect api?

I can only see comment, but not a label field in ProtoOACreateOrderReq

@ycomp

Spotware
03 Apr 2017, 16:28

Hi ycomp,

No, label is not available through Connect API

@Spotware

ycomp
03 Apr 2017, 17:09

what is the max. length of a comment for ProtoOACreateOrderReq?

I have a problem with positions not being created if the comment is too long... when I shorten the comment then the positions are created fine.

I tested it with comments with only letters in them so it is not due to invalid characters in the comment, simply the length of the comment.

@ycomp

Spotware
03 Apr 2017, 17:44

The max length is 100 characters

@Spotware

kricka
27 Apr 2017, 23:39

Comments and labels have to be configured in the cBot code of cAlgo and will be carried out in cAlgo robots and cTader the same.

There are several robots that are free to download and free to use that have these important features built into the code on our website.

RMMRobot.com

@kricka