How to open multiple positions for same instrument?

Created at 06 Nov 2020, 08:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SM

SmartArtsStudio

Joined 30.10.2020

How to open multiple positions for same instrument?
06 Nov 2020, 08:29

Hello

Sorry in advance I feel like the answer to this first question must be staring me in the face.

1) I can't figure out how to open multiple positions for the same instrument. All my orders merge with the currently open position.
So if I want to open a contradictory position to one that is currently open... new orders are closing out the currently open position.
Not opening up a new position? 

2) Also is there a setting somewhere that turns off the order filled averaging displayed on the chart?
I would like to see exactly where my orders were filled on the chart so I know what is going on at a glance.
Scaling up a position actually changes the actual position entry point displayed on the chart. I assume it is averaging the order filled prices.
I find this dangerous, my take profit closed a position yesterday that looked like it was in profit on the chart, but the position closed only to realise a loss.

Thanks

@SmartArtsStudio
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Nov 2020, 11:44

Hi SmartArtsStudio,

What is your account type? Netting or hedging?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

SmartArtsStudio
06 Nov 2020, 12:43

Hi Panagiotis 

Account type: "Demo - Netting"
I forgot I had originally tried to set it up to share data feed with Ninja Trader (which required Netting for some reason) - then did not work from Ninja Trader side.
I like Ninja Traders programming flexibility. But that aside cTrader does everything else SO much better than Ninja Trader.
Your team is doing great work.

Does "Netting" make a difference?
 OK I found Netting vs Hedging in the instructions. :)

Thank you very much.
Daniel

@SmartArtsStudio

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...