More Tools in Web Edition Compare to Desktop

Created at 03 Nov 2020, 06:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ME

meki

Joined 16.10.2020

More Tools in Web Edition Compare to Desktop
03 Nov 2020, 06:31

Hi,

Why there are more tools available on cTrader Web edition instead of Desktop edition 3.8?

More Fib, drawing, and line tools are available in web edition which are missing in desktop. When will they be available for desktop users?

@meki
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Nov 2020, 07:58

Hi ajbozdar,

The two applications are developed by different teams, each with their own priorities and backlogs. Hence the two applications are not 100% identical.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

meki
03 Nov 2020, 16:48

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi ajbozdar,

The two applications are developed by different teams, each with their own priorities and backlogs. Hence the two applications are not 100% identical.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I believe that the end users aren't different. They are traders with same or similar needs.

I used cTrader, so I can use detachable charts. However, chart detaching is not available in web edition. Could you please confirm if it is available? I haven't figured it out.

Now, when I use Desktop edition. I am limited by one of your team to do any good technical analysis. This hurts. 

Could you please tell me why web and desktop editions are treated as two different applications when their real purpose is same?

Thank you.

~AJ

@meki

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Nov 2020, 08:29

Hi ajbozdar,

I used cTrader, so I can use detachable charts. However, chart detaching is not available in web edition. Could you please confirm if it is available? I haven't figured it out.

No this feature is not available at the moment

Could you please tell me why web and desktop editions are treated as two different applications when their real purpose is same?

As explained above, the two applications are developed by different teams having to work different technologies and facing different challenges. If were to keep the applications synchronized, you would only receive the common features missing many of the features you currently have. We don't see any reason to do that, instead we choose to release whichever feature is ready on each application without waiting for the other team to complete it as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous