cTrader 3.8 update

Created at 17 Aug 2020, 16:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

1222Ht

Joined 11.11.2017

cTrader 3.8 update
17 Aug 2020, 16:45

Hi, Thank you for reading my question . 

Does anyone experience this also, after the update to 3.8 , it seems to me that its lagging sometimes . i open up several instances of cTrader at the same time . and one or two would suddenly disconnect and that it wouldnt reconnect itself , and i have to shut down and reopen the application . also shutting it down is like shutting down an app that has no response . and i have to force quit it . 

Many Thanks,

@1222Ht
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 16:50

Hi 1222Ht,

Please send us troubleshooting information the next time this happens (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and paste the link to this discussion in the text box).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

1222Ht
17 Aug 2020, 17:00

Hi Panagiotis ,

Thank you for your reply . a few days ago i was wanting to post a random post praising the amazing work you guysve done on seemingly made 3.7 more efficient and reliable that it ran more smoothly, i never really monitored closely but cpu usage seemed lower too with all the same indicators loaded .

then this 3.8 came out man this is so screwing up i strongly believe that it is the new function of hiding objects that changes something internally and makes some workload like massively increased lol . may i encounter this lagging dc problem again ill post it here .

and ps i dont know how all of the other users are finding these new functions. i personally think that hiding objects and changes the fonts of text is just too fancy for a professional trading application lol and that i myself really have no chance to use them at all. 

Thank you very much

@1222Ht

1222Ht
18 Aug 2020, 10:07 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi 1222Ht,

Please send us troubleshooting information the next time this happens (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and paste the link to this discussion in the text box).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panagiotis ,

I reported a few just now , would i get any email when this get reviewed or followed up . im just curious to know any progress lol . whether its my problem or anything about it . its certainly not my internet connection problem . not all ctrader instances get affected and i doubt its the indicator, which has been without any issue dating back to 3.6 or earlier lol maybe . only been getting better over time and now 3.8 is screwing it up . 

Thank you very much for your attention and time .

May I also attach a screenshot this is when i try to close the frozen 3.8

@1222Ht

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Aug 2020, 11:03

Hi 1222Ht,

We received your troubleshooting information. It seems you are using some custom indicators that are causing this behavior. You need to provide us with your indicators to check further what is causing the issue. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ForexMoney22
19 Aug 2020, 07:57

RE:

Hi 1222Ht,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panagiotis,

i experience the same performance issue. With the new version of ctrader everything is sluggish and freezing/lagging when i try to move chart/switch between pairs. I have to crank up the cpu frequenzy to max powerlimit so it operates without lagg and freezes. I just send you guys the troubleshooting information. Hope you guys can do some optimazations.

Best Regards,

Jude

@ForexMoney22

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Aug 2020, 08:11

Hi Jude,

Are you running any custom indicators/cBots on cTrader?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ForexMoney22
19 Aug 2020, 08:18

RE:

Hi Jude,

Are you running any custom indicators/cBots on cTrader?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi,

yes i run custom indicators, but i had no issues with performance  before updating to ctrader 3.8.  I send you another troubleshooting message with the link to this forum, forgot it the first time.

Best Regards,

Jude

@ForexMoney22

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Aug 2020, 08:31

Hi Jude,

Can you remove the indicators and let us know if the problem persists? If not, then please send us the indicators at community@spotware.com to investigate further

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous