Why was a stop order sent (instead of limit order)?

Created at 16 Aug 2020, 20:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GU

guspiccinini

Joined 16.08.2020

Why was a stop order sent (instead of limit order)?
16 Aug 2020, 20:51

Hello support, 

Here is the information regarding my issue: 

- I used the DRAG & DROP order. As I placed a buy order clearly below current prices, my understanding is that a LIMIT order should have been placed. 

- However, a STOP order was sent and therefore executed at a much higher price (please see below). 

- I am using a Demo account (Pepperstone). 

- The order was executed 1 ms after it was sent (please see below), so basically instantly executed. 

- I am using tick charts (the trade was placed in a 150-tick chart). 

I can't understand why a STOP order was sent, as prices were clearly above already for some time (several ticks) before my order was sent. This can be seen in the 2-tick chart (please refer to the first image). In my understanding, since I was using Drag & Drop, the platform should have automatically chosen to send a LIMIT order.

Thank you very much for your clarifications and assistance. 

Kind regards. 

@guspiccinini
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 09:00

Hi guspiccinini,

Can you reproduce this behavior consistently? If yes, can you record a video demonstrating this behavior? We tried several times to reproduce this without success.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

guspiccinini
17 Aug 2020, 09:07

RE:

Good morning Panagiotis, 

Thank you for your reply. I has happened twice so far. I will see if I can record it.

Kind regards.

@guspiccinini