after update to 3.8 cpu usage significantly increased

Created at 14 Aug 2020, 19:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HY

Hyperion

Joined 12.09.2013

after update to 3.8 cpu usage significantly increased
14 Aug 2020, 19:14

Hi, has anyone noticed that the new version (3.8) is visibly slower than previous one?

For me simple operations like switching time frame or switching windows between two open instances tend to freeze cTrader window for a few seconds... or even half a minute (!). Something's changed, maybe the way the drawings are processed? I got a lot of horizontal lines on my chart. But that can't be the reason...

btw, does cTrader use only single cpu core, or multiple cores?

I'm running it on 8 yo PC (Dell XPS 8500), Win 10, Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz and 12 GB of RAM, so not the newest spec, but well above recommended hardware requirements.

Any ideas how to improve the performance?

@Hyperion
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 08:11

Hi Tengu,

Can you please send us some troubleshooting information regarding this issue? To do so, while in cTrader press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-T, paste a link to this discussion in the text box of the form that will appear and press Submit.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Hyperion
10 Sep 2020, 19:16

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

I just did that.

After coming back from vacation I see that the problem of significantly decreased performance persists. I noticed some hotfix update in the meantime, but it didn't seem to change anything about the issue.

btw, in the Windows task manager cpu and ram usage for cTrader seems to be normal - cpu hovering around 3-9% (maybe it was a bit lower before the problem, I don't remember), and ram usage is less than 500MB.

Do you have any ideas how to improve the performance? Of course besides decreasing number of charts  and indicators used ;) which btw isn't crazy and was running smooth before (ver. 3.7).

Cheers,

Tengu

@Hyperion

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Sep 2020, 09:58

Hi Tengu,

It seems that you are using a lot of custom indicators. To investigate further, you will need to send us all the indicators you use. If you cannot post them here, please send them to us at community@spotware.com 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Hyperion
11 Sep 2020, 13:56

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

Thanks for a quick response. Yes, I use custom indicators, but the very same workspace didn't cause performance issues before last update (from 3.7 to 3.8). And practically nothing has changed on my side, neither hardware-wise nor software-wise.

Anyway, I sent the whole set of indicators via the email you provided. I hope we can clarify what causes this issue.

Cheers

@Hyperion