HighMinusLow Indicator Wanted

Created at 02 Aug 2020, 20:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

jensnig

Joined 14.01.2017

HighMinusLow Indicator Wanted
02 Aug 2020, 20:13

I regularly keep track of daily price movements in my collection of 45 charts. So far I simply measure manually the highs and lows for a given day. This is not very precise and also tedious work every morning. As I am not in a position to programm the HighMinusLow() function myself, I wonder if somebody has already done so and would like to share this little indicator with the community. I should be thankful for any comments.

Jens

@jensnig
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

Symposium
04 Aug 2020, 13:28

RE: HighMinusLow Indicator

jensnig said:

I regularly keep track of daily price movements in my collection of 45 charts. So far I simply measure manually the highs and lows for a given day. This is not very precise and also tedious work every morning. As I am not in a position to programm the HighMinusLow() function myself, I wonder if somebody has already done so and would like to share this little indicator with the community. I should be thankful for any comments.

Jens

Hi Jensnig, a simple version can be found at the following link: 

@Symposium

jensnig
06 Aug 2020, 18:58

RE: RE: HighMinusLow Indicator

Symposium said:

jensnig said:

Jens

Hi Jensnig, a simple version can be found at the following link: 

Thank you for your suggestion, Symposion. I wasn't aware of the fact that HighMinusLow() was already available as an indicator ready to be used. But it doesn't do the job I had in mind.

What I want is a function that returns the actual pip amount a given asset moves on a daily basis. The resulting number of pips should also take into account any possible gap-up or gap-down at the beginning of each trading day. That would mean previous last closing price if out of range of the following day's price movement. The pip result should be printed somewhere on the chart for each daily period. Any idea if someone has already done this?

So far I collect my daily pip numbers manually and enter them in a spreadsheet where I can easily identify historic highs, lows and their monthly median values. This provides useful statistics as a trading support. Would be great to have a little bot that collects the data for this purpose.

Regards, Jens

@jensnig

koktos632
07 Aug 2020, 15:22

RE: RE: RE: HighMinusLow Indicator

Hi Jens,

Drop me the message. We will discuss it.

koktos632@gmail.com

@koktos632

lyndawatson19798
29 Aug 2020, 11:46

RE: RE: RE: RE: HighMinusLow Indicator

koktos632 said mygroundbizaccount

Hi Jens,

Drop me the message. We will discuss it.

koktos632@gmail.com

I want is a function that returns the actual pip amount a given asset moves on a daily basis. The resulting number of pips should also take into account any possible gap-up or gap-down at the beginning of each trading day. That would mean previous last closing price if out of range of the following day's price movement.

@lyndawatson19798