Locking of horizontal support/resistance lines

Created at 26 Jul 2020, 14:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KA

karopega2

Joined 26.07.2020

Locking of horizontal support/resistance lines
26 Jul 2020, 14:46

it is possible to create a lock of manually inserted lines? In this case, I insert horizontal support/resistance lines for later use, but then occasionally when playing around in the chart when price comes close to the resistance line, I accidentally click on the fixed resistance line and drag it around, meaning that I have to zoom out and find out where it was. Therefore I wish to know if possible to lock lines to charts, so it is not possible to move them again except when the lock has been released? Similar to the locking function in excel.

@karopega2
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Jul 2020, 08:33

Hi karopega,

This version is available in the latest version of cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

karopega2
27 Jul 2020, 23:27

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi karopega,

This version is available in the latest version of cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hm, when I log in, it only logs me in with my demo account and not with my live account... why is that?

@karopega2

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2020, 08:08

Hi karopega,

You can only access your live accounts using your broker's cTrader applications.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

karopega2
16 Aug 2020, 16:37

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi karopega,

You can only access your live accounts using your broker's cTrader applications.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Right ok. I am using IC Markets, and as far as I can see, the latest version they use is 3.7. The one you refer to in the link is the 3.8 Beta. I would then assume that until 3.8 has come out of beta and is released to IC Markets, it would not be available for live accounts, and hence also that my original question related to locking of resistance lines cannot be resolved until 3.8 is released. Is that correctly understood?

@karopega2

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 08:52

Hi karopega,

IC Markets cTrader has been already updated to 3.8. If you still see 3.7, try restarting your cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous