closing a trade from the chart let close the chart itself. Is there a way to avoid this or is it not possible?

Created at 13 May 2020, 12:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DY

dynamites

Joined 05.12.2019

closing a trade from the chart let close the chart itself. Is there a way to avoid this or is it not possible?
13 May 2020, 12:06

Hi.

My problem is related to the behavior of cTrader when it comes to close a trade from the chart (using the "x"). The trade closes but the chart closes too. And another chart opens (I guess the chart with the trade next to the closed one in Tradewatch) To me, this is not a correct default behavior. I still need to see the same chart in order to choose if to open another trade or not.

Is this on purpose? Because it is not logic for me. If not, let me know if there is a way to avoid this.

Thank you.

@dynamites
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 May 2020, 12:12

Hi morassut.s,

I cannot reproduce such a behavior. Can you share a video with us demonstrating this so that we can see the exact steps you follow and see what you are seeing as well?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dynamites
13 May 2020, 12:14

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi morassut.s,

I cannot reproduce such a behavior. Can you share a video with us demonstrating this so that we can see the exact steps you follow and see what you are seeing as well?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

yes. I need to use a demo of course. Later in the day. Talk soon.

@dynamites

dynamites
13 May 2020, 12:43

RE: RE:

morassut.s said:

Hi morassut.s,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

yes. I need to use a demo of course. Later in the day. Talk soon.

I managed.

I opened a trade on USDHUF. then I closed it. The chart closes and USDCAD comes out.....

@dynamites

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 May 2020, 14:16 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi morassut.s,

This behavior is caused by the setting below

If you uncheck it, it should stop doing this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dynamites
13 May 2020, 14:29

RE:

I see.

At the same time, for instance, I loose the functionality to open a chart by clicking on a trade from "Position" or "History" (very useful by the way). This could be a minor issue but something you could definitely modify.

Thanks.

@dynamites

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 May 2020, 14:31

Hi morassut.s,

I forgot to mention that we will fix it in v3.8 :).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dynamites
13 May 2020, 14:32

RE:

Hi morassut.s,

I forgot to mention that we will fix it in v3.8 :).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

good. 

@dynamites