I Can't get CTrader to start!!

Created at 05 May 2020, 13:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VH

VHS10

Joined 25.04.2020

I Can't get CTrader to start!!
05 May 2020, 13:17

I have been trying to open my CTrader app on my laptop and i get the error message that 'Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor'

when i clicked on details, the log file contains these;

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    clr.dll             : 4.7.3468.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    dfdll.dll             : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Oluwatobi.Oluwatoki/Desktop/IC%20Markets%20cTrader.appref-ms%7C
                        Server        : nginx
    Deployment Provider url        : http://icmarkets.ctrader.com/xTrader-IC%20Markets.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Oluwatobi.Oluwatoki\Desktop\IC Markets cTrader.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Cannot activate a deployment with earlier version than the current minimum required version of the application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [5/5/2020 11:06:42 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Oluwatobi.Oluwatoki\Desktop\IC Markets cTrader.appref-ms| has started.
    * [5/5/2020 11:06:42 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [5/5/2020 11:06:42 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)
        - Cannot activate a deployment with earlier version than the current minimum required version of the application.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckMinimumRequiredVersion(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployment)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckUpdateInManifest(SubscriptionState subState, Uri updateCodebaseUri, AssemblyManifest deployment, Version currentVersion, Boolean& bUpdateInPKTGroup)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

@VHS10
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 May 2020, 14:54

Hi tobioluwatoki,

Can you please try a clean installation of cTrader and let me know if it resolves the problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous