Lot Size Us30

Created at 26 Mar 2020, 20:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RE

Revobot

Joined 06.02.2019

Lot Size Us30
26 Mar 2020, 20:07

I can't open a 0.10 position on Us30 in ctrade? I do it in metatrader, but web ctrader doesn't allow me to open a 0.10 lot position, only 1 lot

@Revobot
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Mar 2020, 07:59

Hi Revobot,

Minimum position size is set by the brokers. You need to talk to your broker.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Revobot
27 Mar 2020, 11:21

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Revobot,

Minimum position size is set by the brokers. You need to talk to your broker.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I can open 0.10 lots in the metatrader, I can't open 0.10 in the ctrade, with the same brokerage company.

@Revobot

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Mar 2020, 11:52

Hi Revobot,

Did you talk to your broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Revobot
27 Mar 2020, 13:31

RE:

Hi Revobot,

Did you talk to your broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

the icmarkets said your platform does not allow that, it's a shame... I will have to use the mt5

@Revobot

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Mar 2020, 13:55

Hi Revobot,

Of course, it does. See a screenshot below from another broker where I am trading with 0.1 lots.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Revobot
27 Mar 2020, 14:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Hi Revobot,

Of course, it does. See a screenshot below from another broker where I am trading with 0.1 lots.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Could you tell us which platform has this option? and preferably that allows copytrade via cmirror?

@Revobot

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Mar 2020, 14:36

Hi Revobot,

Unfortunately I cannot advertise specific brokers. You will need to contact them yourself.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

pjs.guernsey
15 Jan 2022, 10:38

I have just found this thread whilst searching for the same issue.  Same as the OP - ICMarkets allow 0.1 lot sizing on MTx, etc., but in cTrader, it seems to be restricted to 1.0 lots only. Shame, as I signed up specifically to use cTrader. 

@pjs.guernsey

robert.john.edgar
02 Jun 2023, 23:43

RE:

pjs.guernsey said:

I have just found this thread whilst searching for the same issue.  Same as the OP - ICMarkets allow 0.1 lot sizing on MTx, etc., but in cTrader, it seems to be restricted to 1.0 lots only. Shame, as I signed up specifically to use cTrader. 

Yeah I too have come across the same issue.
US30 minimum you can trade through cTrader is 1 lot but icMarkets say you can trade smaller amounts, issue seems specific to cTrader and icMarkets.

Strange they don't bother to fix it.

@robert.john.edgar

ncel01
04 Jun 2023, 19:00

Hello,

A minimum quantity of 1 unit on indices is not a cTrader limitation since some brokers allow a minimum of 0.01 by default. Even if this quantity is not available by default, some brokers still allow micro lots (0.01 units) as a min. trading quantity on these instruments to be applied to the respective trading account upon request.

I would avoid this broker to trade indices since a min. quantity of 1 unit represents a huge limitation and risk when trading these instruments. Something not acceptable.

Mysteriously, unlike leverage, min. trading quantities have not yet been regulated within EU. Meanwhile, brokers are able to do whatever they want regarding this.

@ncel01

firemyst
06 Jun 2023, 08:03

RE:

Revobot said:

I can't open a 0.10 position on Us30 in ctrade? I do it in metatrader, but web ctrader doesn't allow me to open a 0.10 lot position, only 1 lot

I would suggest signing up with Pepperstone. They allow lot sizes of 0.1 on US30 and other indices.

@firemyst

pjs.guernsey
06 Jun 2023, 09:09 ( Updated at: 06 Jun 2023, 09:11 )

RE: RE:

firemyst said:

Revobot said:

I would suggest signing up with Pepperstone. They allow lot sizes of 0.1 on US30 and other indices.

Are you sure? I tried with cTrader in the past and on indexes could not get 0.1 lot size on indexes with Pepperstone. I have a Pepperstone account. I gave up on CTrader because of this limitation. There are no brokers I could find that seemed decent enough and also support the lot sizes needed with cTrader and that are also available to me.

@pjs.guernsey

firemyst
06 Jun 2023, 09:52

RE: RE: RE:

pjs.guernsey said:

firemyst said:

Revobot said:

Are you sure? I tried with cTrader in the past and on indexes could not get 0.1 lot size on indexes with Pepperstone. I have a Pepperstone account. I gave up on CTrader because of this limitation. There are no brokers I could find that seemed decent enough and also support the lot sizes needed with cTrader and that are also available to me.

I'm 100% sure because I use Pepperstone cTrader now for trading, and can trade 0.1 lots sizes on US30, and 0.01 sizes on forex pairs.

Proof in the pudding:

@firemyst

pjs.guernsey
06 Jun 2023, 10:17 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: RE: RE:

firemyst said:

pjs.guernsey said:

firemyst said:

Revobot said:

I'm 100% sure because I use Pepperstone cTrader now for trading, and can trade 0.1 lots sizes on US30, and 0.01 sizes on forex pairs.

Proof in the pudding:

Indeed! Thank you for confirming. I will revisit this. I do recall now the 'other' reason. Pepperstone does not allow you to switch cTrader to a 'netted' account (or did not at the time I tested). Only hedging. Not a problem if you only use cTrader, though.

Appreciate you taking the time to confirm. Thank you. 

@pjs.guernsey

ncel01
06 Jun 2023, 10:32

firemyst,

I'd make it clear that Pepperstone doesn't support cTrader copy when suggesting this broker, since it is quite likely that traders are also looking for this.

@ncel01

firemyst
06 Jun 2023, 11:38 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

ncel01 said:

firemyst,

I'd make it clear that Pepperstone doesn't support cTrader copy when suggesting this broker, since it is quite likely that traders are also looking for this.

You're right. They don't support cTrader copy natively in the application, but Pepperstone does support social trading through 3rd parties as detailed on their website:

So yes, if that's what people are looking for, they should contact Pepperstone to confirm first.

In this case, the OP's primary requirement was to trade smaller lot sizes, which Pepperstone supports (at least in the South Pacific).

@firemyst

ncel01
06 Jun 2023, 12:16

firemyst,

I understand.

Unfortunately, unlike Forex, min. trading quantities on indices are not standardized among all the brokers, making it a real "salad".

However, some (few) brokers allow quantities as from 0.01 lots/units on these instruments. Still far below 0.1.

@ncel01

firemyst
07 Jun 2023, 06:42

RE:

ncel01 said:

firemyst,

Just for kicks, I looked around and found Pepperstone have partnered with TradingView now as well if anyone is interested. Information in the link. Not sure how (if at all) it interacts with cTrader.

@firemyst