Progress lost when charts closed even when saved workspace?

Created at 06 Jan 2020, 12:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BA

basharatahmed65

Joined 04.01.2020

Progress lost when charts closed even when saved workspace?
06 Jan 2020, 12:40

Hi, 

I had drawn all my trendlines, fib levels and I saved my workspace. As I closed the chart and opened it again all the drawn things were missing?

On tradingview you don't lose any progress when you close a chart why is it on ctrader. I had spent hours analysing and it has disappeared, is it that you have to keep the chart open? If that is so its totally idiotic as it makes the charts laggy. 

Please anyone confirm

@basharatahmed65
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Jan 2020, 09:45

Hi basharatahmed65,

If you close a chart then all changes will be lost. Since cTrader allows multiple charts to be open simultaneously, new charts are independent from charts closed in the past.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

NE539
07 Jan 2020, 15:29

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi basharatahmed65,

If you close a chart then all changes will be lost. Since cTrader allows multiple charts to be open simultaneously, new charts are independent from charts closed in the past.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Is there seriously no way to save objects on the charts?

In trying to find out about this, I see similar complaints going back years. What is the point of customization if it cannot be saved? This platform becomes completely unusable without such a basic feature.

@NE539

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Jan 2020, 15:37

Hi basharatahmed65,

Objects are saved in workspaces. So you can close and open a platform and keep your analysis. But if you close a chart then you delete with it the analysis as well. What you can do is to keep all your analysis in a workspace and whenever you want to chance the layout, to change the workspace as well

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

denelio60
16 Mar 2024, 14:23 ( Updated at: 17 Mar 2024, 07:14 )

RE: Progress lost when charts closed even when saved workspace?

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi basharatahmed65,

Objects are saved in workspaces. So you can close and open a platform and keep your analysis. But if you close a chart then you delete with it the analysis as well. What you can do is to keep all your analysis in a workspace and whenever you want to chance the layout, to change the workspace as well

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hey a solution for this could be creating a Pop up confirmation when you are closing a chart. I have seen multiple users complain about mistakenly closing a chart as the close button is very close to stuff we use all the time. This has happened to me multiple times where I have spent weeks on a chart analyzing it and then I mistakenly close it and have to redraw and retype everything. This is a very annoying issue and the solve is pretty easy. 

@denelio60