Spread in Market Depth is zero and still

Created at 15 Nov 2019, 22:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

marek.balla

Joined 13.11.2019

Spread in Market Depth is zero and still
15 Nov 2019, 22:11

Could anyone explain me pls how can be a zero spread and the price is still for 2-3 seconds? 

Contracts on each side and the price isnt moving. 

Attaching a picture

@marek.balla
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Nov 2019, 08:31

Hi marek.balla,

Can you please expain to us why do you think this is a problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

marek.balla
18 Nov 2019, 10:19

Hello, 

meanwhile i realized that it could be an possibility.

If someone is asking for 1 contract and someone is bidding 16 contracts, the price still dont have to move.

There have to come someone asking for 15 contracts to move then the price one tick up

Do i understand it correctly ? 

I would like to ask one more related question to this. 

Is it eventually possible with applying this logic to deduce the realized (bids x asks) using MarketDepth.Update API to implement an Orderflow indicator or its not possible without Times & Sales? ( which would be anyway great to have in cTrader when mt5 has it as well)

@marek.balla

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Nov 2019, 10:46

Hi marek.balla,

The reason you might see the same bid and ask prices is because the prices are not streamed from single exchange venue but from multiple sources since the CFD market is an OTC market. Therefore these orders might not have met somewhere to be matched. For the same reason, you cannot know which orders from the order book have beed executed and which not.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous