Ctrader desktop - Multiple instances

Created at 12 Nov 2019, 16:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MU

musicman

Joined 01.11.2019

Ctrader desktop - Multiple instances
12 Nov 2019, 16:18

So, I need to be able to open 4 instances of ctrader desktop.

problem  is that when you have more than one then they affect each other - like if you switch to a workspace on one, then switch on another they just take ages and screw things up.

is there a way around this?  because it's cloud software and they all are talking to the same account i think this is the issue.

i read somewhere to install in different folders but this isnt an option when installing from my broker IC markets. - not sure it would help anyway because i think it's a cloud issue

ps, my machine is win 10 i9 9900 64gb ram 4 screens

@musicman
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Nov 2019, 16:35

Hi radioglyn,

Can you be more specific regarding this issue? I cannot reproduce such behavior. What do you mean when you say "screw things up" ? Can you provide steps to reproduce?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

musicman
12 Nov 2019, 16:52

Hi, Panagiotis,

it's very sporadic, let me explain the way i work.

i have a workspace for every currency pair i want to trade and a hotkey on my keyboard to cycle through them

each workspace has 4 chartson, two of which are renko and two are standard time charts - all are a single symbol

what i do is cycle through until i see a trading opportunity - and take the trade - I place this instance on a single monitor to watch, make adjustments etc

then i open a second instance and again cycle through until i find another - repeating the process until I have my max of four instruments loaded with trades.

mostly i'm on three trades with the final of the four open for scanning.

problem is when i have more than one open (yes, even happens with just 2) for scanning is just so slow to load workspaces - sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow - sometimes (and this is the real bug) i will change the workspace and nothing will happen at all - in these instances the workspace is written to the cloud as the last one i used but with the name of the one i'm switching to and i have to close the instance, reopen and see what the damage was.

now i love ctrader, but this drives me nuts - mt4 was ancient at the side of ctrader BUT was more reliable for chart scanning etc.

the reason that i use scanning via workspace rather than by linked charts is that i cant simply change the symbol with a hotkey. it's a 3 click process to change to the next symbol in my watchlist wheras workspaces are just one hit of a hotkey.

does this help?

@musicman

musicman
12 Nov 2019, 17:21

here's another thing - got 3 instances open now - want to trade

as you can see the lotsize box will not open on hover or click

https://gyazo.com/2eaf4a5e4401399dd468304a1d44d2cb

@musicman