Advanced Protection

Created at 11 Nov 2019, 17:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

jensnig

Joined 14.01.2017

Advanced Protection
11 Nov 2019, 17:50

Server SL is not updated in Advanced Protection dialog on multiple cTrader instances

In my trading sessions, I use several computers each running its own cTrader instance. After setting an advanced stop-loss on computer A, the new Server SL is shown correctly in the dialog. Opening the same Advanced Protection dialog on computer B, the server SL is not updated, nor can I find my other settings.

Since the server correctly updates current stop-loss settings in the Modify Position dialog in all existing cTrader instances, I think this faulty behavior in the Advanced Protection dialog might be a bug which could easily be fixed.

@jensnig
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Nov 2019, 08:04

Hi Jens,

Advanced protection runs on the client side. Therefore the information is not passed to the server. It runs on client side. Therefore the information will not be synchronized between two instances.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jensnig
13 Nov 2019, 17:00

Hi Panagiotis,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I now understand why this can't be fixed, and it's good to know your Advanced Protection function runs as a client process. Let me thank you and your team for this fabulous function which allows users to semi-automate important stop-loss and take-profit tasks. So far I have tried to achieve these tasks manually. Now this is a lot easier and less error-prone.

It would, however, be very nice if your Advanced Protection function could be integrated in, or merged with your Modify Position dialog. As of now, both dialogs are mutually exclusive which is not as smooth as it could be.

Regards,

Jens

@jensnig