Templates and Layouts dont save consistantly.

Created at 06 Nov 2019, 01:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ZE

zedodia

Joined 30.05.2018

Templates and Layouts dont save consistantly.
06 Nov 2019, 01:39

I have done this so many times its now past frustrating. When i save a layout, and switch between layouts, not all layouts stay saved. For example, no matter how many times i save a layout, when i revert back to it, it takes ctrader out of full screen, and makes the tradewatch cover around 75% of the ctrader program. and the layout had no trade watch active when saved (everytime). Templates are a little better, how ever i find if i save a new setting over an old template, the new setting does not save.

is this a bug everyone has drama with? or just me? its been happening for along time.

@zedodia
Replies

firemyst
06 Nov 2019, 02:40

RE:

zedodia said:

I have done this so many times its now past frustrating. When i save a layout, and switch between layouts, not all layouts stay saved. For example, no matter how many times i save a layout, when i revert back to it, it takes ctrader out of full screen, and makes the tradewatch cover around 75% of the ctrader program. and the layout had no trade watch active when saved (everytime). Templates are a little better, how ever i find if i save a new setting over an old template, the new setting does not save.

is this a bug everyone has drama with? or just me? its been happening for along time.

I've found that with templates, when I save one that includes Indicators where "IsOverlay = false" with a level line color defined (eg, I put a dotted yellow line on level 0), it doesn't always remember when I exit cTrader and then come back later or the next day. So I have to right-click and select the template to reload it with the level lines drawn in the correct color instead of the default black.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Nov 2019, 08:28

Hi zedodia,

Do you have specific steps that will allow us to reproduce this problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

zedodia
07 Nov 2019, 01:13

create a template, save it, close ctrader, load template.

create a workspace, save it, close ctrader, load workspace.

ive had this problem since 3.5 and dont know why it doesnt work. on the odd occation it does save, but it never lasts.

@zedodia

firemyst
07 Nov 2019, 02:41

@Panagiotis:

I've had the same issue as @zedodia, but haven't been able to pin it down to specific steps to reproduce. If your team needs to see it, the best I can probably do is record a small video showing how I set andsavea template, and then come back later, have the workspace load, and not all the template settings are held.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Nov 2019, 08:52

Hi FireMyst,

Yes please, if you can record a video it would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
13 Nov 2019, 16:44

I haven't forgotten -- just haven't been able to reproduce this issue in a way to record a video. I just got a cTrader update for Pepperstone today, so it may be resolved too.

If it does happen and I'm able to reproduce, I'll post here to let you know before sending a video.

@firemyst

Hyperion
14 Nov 2019, 09:29

I noticed something similar on my cTrader (IC Markets). For me the issue seems to be connected with auto-saving workspace. Manual saving templates and workspaces works fine (don't know about layouts, because I use the same all the time), but often when I change placement of horizontal lines on my charts (manually drawn) and close cTrader quickly after that, it doesn't remember/save changes. Is the autosave on timer? E.g. 5 minutes or something? Because when the interval between last changes to manually placed objects and exiting app is long enough everything is auto-saved properly.

@Hyperion

firemyst
29 Nov 2019, 13:36

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi FireMyst,

Yes please, if you can record a video it would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I've figured out how to reproduce it one way.

1) Create an indicator where Overlay = false

2) Load it onto a chart in cTrader and set a Level property of 0 to color yellow.

3) Save the chart as a template

4) load the indicator's source code in Visual Studio

5) make some changes to it.

6) Save and recompile the indicator

7) Load up cTrader

8) The Level 0 line on the indicator will probably be gone

9) reload the template

10) the line reappears

11) close and reopen cTrader. The line disappears again.

12) reload the template to have the line reappear

13) change the visual studio code and recompile the indicator

14) the Level 0 line will reset and disappear again.

15) reload the template

16) close cTrader

17) reopen cTrader and the line is gone again.

18) delete the indicator.

19) reapply the indicator to the chart and change the level 0 line to yellow.

20) save the template.

21) close/reopen cTrader.

Now the line will stay on the chart until the code is updated again. At that point, the settings for the Level lines do not stay.

Hope this helps.

@firemyst

firemyst
16 Dec 2019, 10:56

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi zedodia,

Do you have specific steps that will allow us to reproduce this problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

HI @Panagiotis:

I haven't seen any updates on this, so have sent you an email with a video attached on another way to reproduce the issue.

The email has "https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/22249?page=1" in the subject.

@firemyst