Multiple Profiles Question

Created at 29 Oct 2019, 21:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CY

cysecsbin.01

Joined 10.11.2018 Blocked

Multiple Profiles Question
29 Oct 2019, 21:00

Dear spotware, since the last release i noticed you have added the possibility of having cTrader in a "multiple profiles" mode, my question is though: what kind of advantages does this feature bring?

I'm asking since it is not clear, in the "What's new" section in the desktop platform it says that multiple instances with their own settings file will be avaiable, but what excactly are these settings? are they the cTrader ID? Language? Default Lots? Theme Color? I would like a clarification.

Then, is it possible to set instances with their own cTrader ID? like 3 desktop shortcuts, each one logged on a specific cTID?

Best regards

-C

Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Oct 2019, 08:42

Hi cysecsbin.01,

Currently, a user can run multiple cTrader instances for one installation. All instances will work with one settings file and it has the following disadvantages:

• The last closed cTrader will overwrite all settings (including selected account)
  • You can't save different lists of cBot instances in Automat tab
  • Overwrite of settings file creates a lot of possible issues for users in the planned feature 'cBots Autorestart'

Each settings profile stores the following information

• Authorization token if you check 'Keep me logged in' during cTID login
  • Last selected account
  • Last selected workspace
  • cBots and indicators instances in Automate

That means that you need to use multiple profiles to be able to:

• Use multiple cTIDs sumalteniously
  • Use multiple accounts side by side
  • Work with multiple workspaces side by side
  • Work with multiple sets of cBot/indicator instances in Automate

Best Regards,

Panagiotis