BUG: switching between workspaces and everything copies from A to B - lose all my work

Created at 23 Sep 2019, 15:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

BUG: switching between workspaces and everything copies from A to B - lose all my work
23 Sep 2019, 15:40

Hi!

I have several workspaces, one for each currency, so that I can draw on each chart without it being showed on every chart (which is the case if I use 1 workspace and switch between symbols by using the "active symbol" panel.

The problem is that when I'm on workspace A (EURUSD for example) and switch to workspace B (GBPUSD for example), it sometimes changes workspace but the charts remain the same. In other words, my EURUSD charts gets copied onto the workspace where my GBPUSD charts were before and my old GBPUSD charts (which is want I want to see here) gets deleted.

Is there a solution to this!?

Ben

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Sep 2019, 15:43

Hi Ben,

Are there any specific steps for us to reproduce this behavior or does this happen randomly?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
23 Sep 2019, 15:45

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ben,

Are there any specific steps for us to reproduce this behavior or does this happen randomly?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

It happens randomly, unfortunately.

@benpepperwhittaker

benpepperwhittaker
23 Sep 2019, 16:24

RE: RE:

benpepperwhittaker said:

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

It happens randomly, unfortunately.

And it happens all the time now.

Another bug is that I cannot create a custom watchlist. 

I think there's some bugs just concerning me, with my antivirus or whatever, I've disabled it while installing cTrader but dunno why these things keep happening. Think I gotta go back to another platform. If it wasn't for these things ctrader would be great for me. But spent so many hours doing the same work over again now so dont know what to do about it.

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Sep 2019, 16:32

Hi Ben,

Can you provide the exact steps you are following so that we can reproduce the problem? Also what is the bug you get when creating a custom watchlist?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
26 Sep 2019, 13:13

RE:

Hi Ben,

Can you provide the exact steps you are following so that we can reproduce the problem? Also what is the bug you get when creating a custom watchlist?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

1) I sit and switch between my workspaces (I have about 8 different workspaces, one for each currencypair I am looking at)

2) Suddenly when I press to swtich to another worskapce, the symbols on the current one is the same but the workspace has changed. What has happened is that I have overwritten the workspace I wanted to change to, with the symbols on the prior one.

3) Another observation: switching workspaces has also become very laggy. Sometimes I must wait for 10-15-30 seconds before the new symbols appear on the workspace I have changed to. I therefor suspect that if I wait long enough, like several minutes, that the symbols for the correct workspace might occur. However, when I close the app and open it again the changes has been saved so that I have symbol A, which is supposed to be on template A, overwritten the symbol on template B, so that I have lost my work on symbol B.

Am I alone about having this problem?

The "create a watchlist" symbol is simply not an option in my app. It doesn't appear anywhere so I cannot create a new watchlist, edit one of my current watchlists or do anything like that. However this is not a big problem because of the drawings issue has made me to have one symbol per workspace.

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2019, 15:46

Hi Ben,

The most probable reason for your issues is that you have too many objects in your workspaces and this causes the lag as well as the overriding issue. To check that we will need to inspect your settings file. To send us your settings file please follow the steps below

1. Load workspace A
  2. Close cTrader
  3. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Broker cTrader\Settings and send us the settings file. You can send it at community@spotware.com
  4. Repeat the process for the other workspaces you have.

After you send us the settings files we will have a look and let you know what is the issue. In the meanwhile, please try to clean up your workspaces from unnecessary objects and let us know if this improves the situation

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
26 Sep 2019, 16:03

I will check very soon. Where do I send this to you?

And I checked, I have 35-40 objects on each workspace. Can this be an issue you think? 3 charts per symbol per workspace with 15 objects on each charts.
(+ some indicators on my template)

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2019, 16:04

Hi Ben,

Send it at community@spotware.com. We will need to check and let you know.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
30 Sep 2019, 10:17

RE:

Hi Ben,

Send it at community@spotware.com. We will need to check and let you know.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hello!

I have sent the file to the email adress now. 

This weekend I was able to switch between my workspaces without any issues, but now when the markets have opened again it's a big issue again, I literally cannot change between my workspaces which makes me unable to monitor my pairs. Really frustrating.

Thanks for helping out!

Kind regards,
Ben.

@benpepperwhittaker