more tick history data on chart

Created at 07 Aug 2019, 12:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

darren.poyner

Joined 26.11.2018

more tick history data on chart
07 Aug 2019, 12:19

Hi, 

The amount of tick data cTrader loads when you select a tick time frame is very limited. Is there anyway to increase the amount of data it pulls down and shows?

Thanks

Darren

@darren.poyner
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2019, 12:23

Hi Darren,

Can you explain what do you mean? cTrader loads more tick data as you scroll back in time.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

darren.poyner
07 Aug 2019, 12:29 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Darren,

Can you explain what do you mean? cTrader loads more tick data as you scroll back in time.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thank for the fast reply - for example, this all I get - about half a screen - I cannot seem to load more. this has put me off using ctrader for years. being a scalper, this is important to me... but wanted to see if I could find a solution as I like the program and would use if I could get more data. If I scroll back.... nothing. If I leave runing the data grows, but if I change ticks (e.g. 20 ticks to 50 ticks) it resets back to being limited to half a page and forgets anything it pulled down while running.

@darren.poyner

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2019, 12:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Hi Darren,

If you drag the time label to the middle you should get the scroll bar below the chart. Then you should be able to scroll back as much as you want. See below

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

darren.poyner
07 Aug 2019, 12:45 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Darren,

If you drag the time label to the middle you should get the scroll bar below the chart. Then you should be able to scroll back as much as you want. See below

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi, 

I have tried that and no difference. I am using a demo account. Is that the problem?

@darren.poyner

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2019, 14:27

Hi Darren,

If you play around with the time label you should get the scroll bar. In any case, this will be solved in an uncoming update of cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

darren.poyner
07 Aug 2019, 14:30

thanks... whatever the problem is, it is affecting me. Any idea on what this update will come out? 

@darren.poyner

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2019, 14:52

Hi Darren,

Probably in the next major update of cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

darren.poyner
07 Aug 2019, 14:53

Thanks. Are we talking about weeks, months or years?

@darren.poyner

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2019, 14:57

Hi Darren,

We do not have an ETA yet but should be in the following weeks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

darren.poyner
07 Aug 2019, 14:58

that is excellent news!

thanks for your prompt support

I will download and test the new version when it comes out

:-)

@darren.poyner

... Deleted by UFO ...

denelio60
16 Mar 2024, 19:25 ( Updated at: 17 Mar 2024, 07:14 )

RE: more tick history data on chart

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi Darren,

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

He means the amount of history you can load is only up until 2019. Needs to load more history rather than just only 1 year of data

@denelio60