cTrader Trading session says Inactive when the market is active

Created at 30 Jul 2019, 23:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IF

iForex2015

Joined 17.03.2015

cTrader Trading session says Inactive when the market is active
30 Jul 2019, 23:18

Hi,

As seen in the image, Trading session shows as Inactive , but market is still open. I still can trade. I think it is Newyork session. I googled for Newyork local time and it shows 4:12 PM. Many time this confuses me which market session is open. Kindly let me know how to fix this ?

Thanks.

@iForex2015
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2019, 09:21

Hi Ivan,

Trading hours are set by the brokers. Please contact your broker regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iForex2015
05 Aug 2019, 23:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Dear Panagiotis, 
Thanks for your message. I have contacted my broker regarding the issue and this is the message I received. 

------------------------

Dear Ivan,

Kindly inform that trading time currently based on GMT+3 time frame.

However you should be able to set your prefer time on ctrader platform.

If you want to set the same time zone as trading time please set by clicking the button as I show you in this attach document.

Please set it as UTC+3 and it should be the same time zone as trading time.

Should you need any further help do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

---------------------------------

I have changed platform time to UTC+3 as suggested and it didnt resolve the issue. By the way I checked ctrader from other brokers as well like FxPro and Pepperstone and all three platforms has the same issue showing Trading sesson inactive when market is open. I am very sure that this was not the case before. The platform was showing accurate session timings before a year or so, but I started noticing this glitch later on. I am checking the web ctrader platform now and it shows Trading session: Inactive(Starts in 145:41:00) and also the  web ctrader shows green dot near to Trading session while desktop platforms shows red dot. 

Thanks

@iForex2015

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Aug 2019, 09:37

Hi Ivan,

The trading sessions dispayed in the bottom corner are the known sessions of the exchanges. If the session displays inactive then it means that no major exchange is open at that time. It doesn't mean that the symbol is inactive. In this case the symbol is open for trading by the broker even if there is no active trading session at that moment. So the broker might have the symbol enabled in off session hours as well. Maybe this is what caused you the confusion.

Your second screenshot seems to be from cTrader Web not Desktop and it is obviously a bug. I will forward it to the team and let you know if we need any additional information

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iForex2015
06 Aug 2019, 19:37

Dear Panagiotis, 

Thanks for explaining it. 

Regards

Ivan

@iForex2015

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Nov 2019, 08:31

RE: RE:

maxmuller2199 said:

I would like to ask you about trading
I've found out that there is CFD trading
does it differ from a simple Forex trading?

Hi maxmuller 2199,

Please create a new thread regarding this question, since it is irrelevant to the topic.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

rochellenwslkers
28 Nov 2019, 23:56

RE: RE: RE:

How did you solve this problem?

MiguelAlf
28 Mar 2020, 22:16

sesion inactiva ctrade

tengo un problema barbaro y acabo de depositar en el broker que me ofrece Ctrader.

mi problema es que no puedo ver ningun instrumento ya sea de forex , cryptomondeas o lo que fuere.   todo lo que habro me figura sesion inactiva en la parte inferior izquierda de la plataforma Ctrader.     y me figura inactiva cuando el mercado esta abierto las 24hs en crypto  .. y en forex tambien me figura lo mismo.. muestra precios antiguos.. que significa esto? como se soluciona?   o es que acaso Ctrader solamente funciona en un rango de horario los dias habiles???   alguien que me ayude a solucionar esto. ya cambie todos los usos horarios y es lo mismo..

@MiguelAlf

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Mar 2020, 08:14

Hi MiguelAlf,

Please check this issue with your broker first.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...