Bug with trendlines etc

Created at 22 Jul 2019, 19:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Bug with trendlines etc
22 Jul 2019, 19:13

Hi!

I opened a thread before regarding bugs with my drawings on the chart but open this new one because I have new information.

Here is my EURCHF chart:

Everything is ok so far.

But look at this, when I switch to my EURUSD chart (by using the "active symbol panel", typing "EURUSD" and clicking on it):

As you can see, my drawings on the EURCHF chart is now on my EURUSD chart. This happens randomly with other symbols also. If I delete them from my EURUSD chart - because they're not supposed to be there -  then the drawings also disappear from the EURCHF chart, which is where I want them to be. In other words, I must leave all my mess on the EURUSD chart because if I delete it then it ruins all of my work on the EURCHF chart.

I have deleted and re-installed cTrader (with antivirus deactivated), but the same thing still happens...

Greetings,

Ben

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

benpepperwhittaker
22 Jul 2019, 19:27

I found this thread: https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-web/15748?page=2

With your answer:
"Hi Glen,

Thanks I have seen the video. Your description was a bit confusing. The objects do not stay on the list for any chart and any symbol. The drawings stay on the list only when you change symbol on the same chart. The chart objects/indicators apply to the chart itself and not to a chart/symbol combination. If you need a clean chart and a separate set of chart objects/indicators, you can create a new chart.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis"

I want to have a template with three charts open and switch between the different currencypairs, and I want ALL drawings to be locked to the currencypair I draw them on ONLY. Am I doing something wrong? (I described in the original post what I do; I work in the same workspace with three charts and I switch between currencypairs by pressing the symbols.)

How do you recommend me to do what I want as smoothly as possible without drawings appearing on the "wrong" symbols?

Many thanks!

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Jul 2019, 09:15

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

Currently this is not possible. We will provide a solution in a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
23 Jul 2019, 09:46

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

Currently this is not possible. We will provide a solution in a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

It is possivble to work with different workspaces though, is it not? One workspace per currencypair?

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Jul 2019, 10:01

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

Yes that could work.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous