Trendline, drawings etc disappears

Created at 07 Jul 2019, 22:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Trendline, drawings etc disappears
07 Jul 2019, 22:31

Hi!

Sometimes all my work on thec chart is gone when I have been away and switched to other symbols in the mean time. Must I do something to save? I usually just draw lines and stuff and switch between symbols.

And when I zoom out on a high timeframe I find lines etc randomly above or beneath like in the attached picture, I cannot understand why, it might be the drawing from earlier that is gone:

Any idea? Tired of re-doing all of the work. :) 

Thanks!

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

benpepperwhittaker
07 Jul 2019, 22:45 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Yea... All my charts are like this. All my work is just moved around on the chart, I have noe idea why or how... Here is another example. All my lines and stuff here were connected to the candlesticks on the chart. Now it is just a mess. 

@benpepperwhittaker

benpepperwhittaker
07 Jul 2019, 22:56

Always when I install updates I have to manually go into the antivirus on the windows 10 and give the cTrader app a "free pass", because if not it is blocking functions. I don't know if this has something to do with it or what can be done about this.

Just saying it so you have all the info available to see what is going on.

@benpepperwhittaker

benpepperwhittaker
09 Jul 2019, 13:51

Hi!

I see that you haven't answer this post while others have been answered. Does that mean that there is no solution to this?

Greetings, 
Ben

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2019, 14:09

Hi Ben,

I am not sure what is the problem. By design, all chart objects stay on the same position on the chart even if you change symbol or timeframe. So if you draw a trendline on a symbol and timeframe, if you change to another symbol and then back, the trendline should be at the exact same location. Isn't this the case?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
09 Jul 2019, 14:37

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ben,

I am not sure what is the problem. By design, all chart objects stay on the same position on the chart even if you change symbol or timeframe. So if you draw a trendline on a symbol and timeframe, if you change to another symbol and then back, the trendline should be at the exact same location. Isn't this the case?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks for the reply.

When I switch form one symbol and back it is usually not a problem, but when I put my computer in "rest mode" and come back the day after, for example, the problem occurs. On the same symbol and same timeframe it looks like in the pictures attached above. Very weird and frustrating.

@benpepperwhittaker