Easiest way to have three charts of the same symbol open and switch between symbols

Created at 05 Jul 2019, 00:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Easiest way to have three charts of the same symbol open and switch between symbols
05 Jul 2019, 00:20

Hi!

First of all, I am very happy witht the cTrader platform even though I ask some questions here. Now my question is:

I would like to have three charts open, all charts displaying the same symbol but different timeframes, for example EURUSD Daily chart, H4 chart and H1 chart. I previously did this on Tradingview (, switched to cTrader because I love the execution possibilities on this platform,) where one could just press the different symbols using the same template, and it would load the new symbol into the template you were using, like a 3 chart window. 

When I press a new symbol in the "market watch", it only opens a new window.

I just understood that I can make different "workspaces" and perhaps can have one "workspace" per symbol, witht the 3 charts that I prefer preloaded. I am just asking in case there is another way to do this which I don't know of.

Thank you very much in advance for a reply!

Ben

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jul 2019, 09:34

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

You can use linked charts to do this. Just link your three charts together and then select your symbol from the market watch. All three charts should be updated. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
05 Jul 2019, 11:14

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

You can use linked charts to do this. Just link your three charts together and then select your symbol from the market watch. All three charts should be updated. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Wow this is awesome, saves me from so much work. Thank you!

Is it:

1) possible to make the "active symbol panel" smaller? I can't seem to drag it anymore to the right, and it takes much more of the screen than is necessary.

2) possible to have the symbol pairs in a listed view so that I won't have to click and open the list and then click the symbol I'd like to see? Not a huge thing, but would be very easy on the finger if I could just press the symbols with 1 click, or even use the keyboard arrows to switch between the symbols.

Thanks!

3) Additional question: when I right click on the symbols or on the watchlist, nothing happens. I don't see a "favourite" symbol anywhere either. Before I was able to do this, create a custom list of symbols. This was before the last update I know. Do you know if the feature is changed or what might be going on here?

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jul 2019, 12:35

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

1) You can always hide the Active Symbol Panel by changing the layout modes

2) At the moment it is not possible. You can suggest this in the Suggestions section.

3) When you right click on a symbol, you should be able to see the relevant context menu. Favorites is not available anymore. You can create your own Watchlist instead.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
06 Jul 2019, 00:09

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi benpepperwhittaker,

1) You can always hide the Active Symbol Panel by changing the layout modes

2) At the moment it is not possible. You can suggest this in the Suggestions section.

3) When you right click on a symbol, you should be able to see the relevant context menu. Favorites is not available anymore. You can create your own Watchlist instead.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Regarding 3: as said nothing happens when I right click, I was able to do this before. I have sent in a support ticket with my broker so hopefully they can assist.

@benpepperwhittaker