Bugs after interface upgrade

Created at 03 Jul 2019, 09:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mark.lite

Joined 03.07.2019

Bugs after interface upgrade
03 Jul 2019, 09:26

Decided to write a post since these bugs that my Windows desktop platform has now, are not going away sine the last big update..

1. Loading wrong Workspace on start:

I have a few machines with different monitors that run as different instances but the same cTrader account. Every time I start cTrader, it loads Workspace that was last used disregarding the machine. Lets say I have "Workspace1" on my main trading station, and "Workspace2" for the additional pc. Before cTrader remembered which Workspace I was using on that particular machine and was loading it on start, but now it just loads the same workspace everywhere on start disregarding the machine, and I have to manually switch them. It used to remember the workspace used on the particular machine before the update...

2. Template not loading properly on start:

Sometimes when I start the cTrader, and switch to the appropriate Workspace(see bug 1), the chart is empty and only has the MAs on it. The rest objects are missing until I load the Template manually. In particular: the "Heiken Ashi candles" object is missing sometimes until I reload the Template.

3. Can't add alarm

Sometimes when I decide to add an alarm (5-15 pips away from the current price), by pressing the bell on the right and clicking the chart: it disabled the "Create Alarm" green button in the pop up window, so I have to close the window and do it again (on the same price point) until it allows to place the alarm.

These are the most common bugs i experience after the last interface upgrade.

@mark.lite
Replies

28forex.com
06 Jul 2019, 04:22

Agreed, ctrader loading the same workspace across all machines using the same account is a bit annoying.

@28forex.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Jul 2019, 10:31

Hi mark.lite,

Thanks for posting in our forum

1. This works as designed.

2, 3. We could not reporoduce these issues. Is it possible to send us a short video demonstrating the steps you follow to reproduce them?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jensnig
09 Jul 2019, 14:03

RE: Faulty workspace Management in v 3.5

mark.lite said:

Decided to write a post since these bugs that my Windows desktop platform has now, are not going away sine the last big update..

1. Loading wrong Workspace on start:

I have a few machines with different monitors that run as different instances but the same cTrader account. Every time I start cTrader, it loads Workspace that was last used disregarding the machine. Lets say I have "Workspace1" on my main trading station, and "Workspace2" for the additional pc. Before cTrader remembered which Workspace I was using on that particular machine and was loading it on start, but now it just loads the same workspace everywhere on start disregarding the machine, and I have to manually switch them. It used to remember the workspace used on the particular machine before the update...

2. Template not loading properly on start:

Sometimes when I start the cTrader, and switch to the appropriate Workspace(see bug 1), the chart is empty and only has the MAs on it. The rest objects are missing until I load the Template manually. In particular: the "Heiken Ashi candles" object is missing sometimes until I reload the Template.

3. Can't add alarm

Sometimes when I decide to add an alarm (5-15 pips away from the current price), by pressing the bell on the right and clicking the chart: it disabled the "Create Alarm" green button in the pop up window, so I have to close the window and do it again (on the same price point) until it allows to place the alarm.

These are the most common bugs i experience after the last interface upgrade.

Mark, thank you very much for your notes under point 1. Two days ago, I tried to describe the same faulty behavior in a new suggestion thread, but it never appeared there. I use 5 workspaces (+5 backup copies) on three machines regularly, and it is now quite a pain to start my cTrader instances. So Panagiotis, please correct this!

@jensnig

jensnig
09 Jul 2019, 14:59

RE: Faulty workspace Management in v 3.5

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi mark.lite,

Thanks for posting in our forum

1. This works as designed.

2, 3. We could not reporoduce these issues. Is it possible to send us a short video demonstrating the steps you follow to reproduce them?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi Panagiotis,

As I noted in my reply to mark.lite's observations (1), I have also been stressed by that new behavior ever since cTrader Desktop 3.5 was released. Since my first blog thread from Sunday July 7th never appeared under "Suggestions" (maybe that was the wrong place to post), I should like to expand on this a bit more from my perspective.

My main trading platform is a desktop computer with three screens, where I usually have 27 charts displayed in detached mode, carefully arranged in meaningful rows and columns. I frequently save this workspace as WS_TRADING and WSS_TRADING (safety copy). Now this workspace wouldn`t work well on a smaller notebook with just one screen. Therefore I defined another workspace WS_NBOOK customized for this notebook, that is easy to use when displayed. But this is no longer the case.

Before version 3.5, your cloud management correctly remembered what workspace was last used on a specific computer. So when I started cTrader on that computer on another day, it would display the correct workspace in use when I last closed the session. Even now I can observe how the last used workspace is initially loaded. But on the second pass in this loading procedure, this will be overwritten by the workspace that was last used globally on my cTID. Typically I will then get 27 detached charts on my little screen...

Apart from the two workspaces mentioned, I also use WS_MPAD (for an additional notebook) and occasionally WS_ANALYSIS, WS_REVIEW for special purposes. All these workspaces are specifically designed for their uses. Before version 3.5, this worked beautifully. Now I have to scramble to get things going every morning. What a mess!

Using this system of specific workspaces with their own backup copies has been very valuable to me, as cTrader does not provide any safety net for human error. If I accidentally click on the X-symbol of a chart, it will be gone forever with all my marks, notes and objects. It has happened more than once in the past few years. In these cases, an undo function is desperately needed. At least, a standard confirnation dialog would help avoid this kind of unnecessary blunder.

So Panagiotis, if you could have this behavior changed as it was previously designed, I should be very grateful. Otherwise, I remain a big cTrader fan. Best wishes, Jens

@jensnig