Desktop App freezing with 6000MB mem used after just 30 minutes!

Created at 20 Jun 2019, 09:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

marshalmax9

Joined 23.05.2019

Desktop App freezing with 6000MB mem used after just 30 minutes!
20 Jun 2019, 09:44

Hi all

I have ctrader via Pepperstone and 6 months ago I could run 4 sessions with 4-12 charts and bots on all for 24/7 and only reset the PC every weekend without any issue.

In the past 6 months I have noticed increased frequency in the app freezing and Task Manager showing massive memory usage - it begins around 199MB and within 30 mins today of just 1 session with 4 charts it reached 6000MB+

This is a standard 8GB PC which is used only for trading for 2 years and now all of a sudden it has this issue.

Is anyone else having this or heard of this and has anyone found a solution for it? Research found a bot called Memory Manager which I loaded and it helps double the time it takes to freeze out to around 50-60 minutes but it still happens.

I did notice my PC is running v4.0 of .NET and the Microsoft website says PCs with v4.x will only run apps created for v4 so maybe my version from Pepperstone (3.3 I believe) is not the version for v4?

Anyway ideas will help as I am desperately trying to get back to live trading and really do not wish to drop ctrade and go back to MT4 as I love ctrader to use and have spent years and $1000s getting systems and bots deployed using ctrader. I don't want to have to start again with MT4!

Thanks in advance

@marshalmax9
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Jun 2019, 10:16

Hi marshalmax9,

The next time this happens please send us some troubleshooting information. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste the link to this discussion inside the textbox and press submit. Let us know as soon as you have done so to check it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

marshalmax9
20 Jun 2019, 10:36

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi marshalmax9,

The next time this happens please send us some troubleshooting information. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste the link to this discussion inside the textbox and press submit. Let us know as soon as you have done so to check it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Mate it happens every 30 mins!

I did some research and found a few posts by you about custom indis and someone else mentioned a template so I have been testing more thoroughly and found an indi creating a breakout box on a 5m chart for the past 75 days and on 6 charts tends to bring the RAM up a bit so I've pulled it out and testing 1 blank versus 12 blank charts versus standard indis versus this custom indi and then versus all plus bots. 

I'll let you know either way and send you info if its still a problem that I can't sort.

@marshalmax9

marshalmax9
20 Jun 2019, 14:13

RE: RE:

marshalmax9 said:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi marshalmax9,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Mate it happens every 30 mins!

I did some research and found a few posts by you about custom indis and someone else mentioned a template so I have been testing more thoroughly and found an indi creating a breakout box on a 5m chart for the past 75 days and on 6 charts tends to bring the RAM up a bit so I've pulled it out and testing 1 blank versus 12 blank charts versus standard indis versus this custom indi and then versus all plus bots. 

I'll let you know either way and send you info if its still a problem that I can't sort.

Yes it seems to be all sorted now. I found on most of my charts I had a breakout running and when its running on a 5m chart over several charts and the settings were set to show the last 100 days worth of boxes due to my manual backtesting then it seems to take up a lot of processing to do so. Once I changed it back to just show 2 days worth and took it off the bot charts entirely (because the bot draws a similar box anyhow), I now have 3 windows open with several charts in each and each session is less than 400MB each! Much much better.

@marshalmax9

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Jun 2019, 14:28

Hi marshalmax9,

I am happy to hear that!

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous