Data is not correct

Created at 30 May 2019, 11:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HE

heineandersen85

Joined 10.06.2017

Data is not correct
30 May 2019, 11:43

Hi,

It have always been so that data before 3-3½ years is not correct, can you fix that?.

Below is picture of USDJPY from october 2015 to march 2016

As you can see there is some days without movement and other things are wrong aswell. 1-2 years ago the same data would look normal, but because it gets old, above 3½years old in ctrader, it gets strange. The same period in Tradingview looks different:

Backtesting with EA's only gets valid 3½ years back, after that the data is not correct.

@heineandersen85
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 May 2019, 11:50

Hi Accelerate,

Backtesting data is created from the broker's price feed. Since brokers have different price feeds, you cannot expect that the backtesting data will match. If you still believe there is an issue, please contact your broker.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

heineandersen85
30 May 2019, 12:03

Price feed? but why does data that gets old change? 1-2 years ago the same data looked fine, but because it got over the "grace" period of 3-3½ years it changes.

I mailed Michael Turck from tvmarkets, maybe he can help if you can't :-)

@heineandersen85

Astroke
30 May 2019, 21:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

heineandersen85 said:

Price feed? but why does data that gets old change? 1-2 years ago the same data looked fine, but because it got over the "grace" period of 3-3½ years it changes.

Hello,

Same broker, but I don't have the same data. I think your data is corrupted. You need to clean your data.

@Astroke

heineandersen85
31 May 2019, 18:10 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: RE:

Astroke said:

heineandersen85 said:

Hello,

Same broker, but I don't have the same data. I think your data is corrupted. You need to clean your data.

Really weird, I have a friend (im from Denmark), we have same problem, both our data is not correct. I have reinstalled and tried on a completly different computer, same problem.

@Astroke do you have tvmarkets/tradeview as your broker?

@heineandersen85

Astroke
31 May 2019, 18:46

Yes Tradeview live account.

@Astroke