Many horizontal trendlines = laggy interface response?

Created at 22 Mar 2019, 03:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

damian8

Joined 26.11.2018

Many horizontal trendlines = laggy interface response?
22 Mar 2019, 03:38

I have a chart with trendlines and of note, many user-drawn horizontal lines. It has only few indicators.

- On this chart with many horizontal lines, dragging the chart background has with a very jagged lag. Text types with a lag. Scale resizes with a lag, etc. It is really laggy user actions. 

- Charts without those many lines, but with the same indicator set, do not have the same interface lag.

cTrader is using 500MB RAM, so not much. System is at 50%. No other apps are struggling with lag.

Also, some horizontal pivot lines (from both a Pivot indicator, and separate Round Number indicator) will disappear depending on the position of price action when clicking-dragging the chart background. If you drag the chart background a little, the Pivot lines re-appear. I have seen this numerous times on other charts in other workspaces regardless of the indicator set

@damian8
Replies

damian8
22 Mar 2019, 05:31

RE:

Also, some horizontal pivot lines (from both a Pivot indicator, and separate Round Number indicator) will disappear depending on the position of price action when clicking-dragging the chart background. If you drag the chart background a little, the Pivot lines re-appear. I have seen this numerous times on other charts in other workspaces regardless of the indicator set

Additional info: dragging the chart background downwards seems to make the horizontal Pivot Indicator lines vanish, around the bottom 3rd of the window. Dragging a few cm higher and they re-appear. When the Pivot lines disappear, the line labels do not - they remain on screen.

Pivot Points https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/45

Round Numbers https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/263

@damian8

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Mar 2019, 10:33

Hi dmn,

1) How many lines are we talking about? 

2) What is the type and thickness of the lines?

3) Can you send us a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Drey
12 Nov 2019, 08:58

lags

i think it can be only one indicator set on a daily chart and if you are looking at a 3 period tickchart for example then the platform gets very laggy

in computergames terms we talking about 3 frames per second

i think you cant see the indicator set points on a tick chart such small of a period. its out of the visible range. then the chart has problems.

if the indicators remain in the visible part of the chart then i have no laggs

thank for pointing the problem out, because i did not know what was causing it.

now i know that i cant draw fibs on a high timeframe and trade on a low timeframe

ps:

i dont hitnk that the thickness has an influence but i use the smallest thinkness 

and it only could be captured by making a video because you cant make a screenshot about something that is in motion and describe a problem with that ;)

@Drey