Advanced Protection is Buggy

Created at 13 Mar 2019, 21:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

viorelmatcas4

Joined 13.03.2019

Advanced Protection is Buggy
13 Mar 2019, 21:51

I'm currently using FxPro cTrader 3.3, but I don't think the version matters since the "bug" seemed to be present in the other versions as well. I have also seen this problem being reported multiple times but so far it hasn't been fixed.

Basically, when having a position open, you sometimes can't use the 'Advanced Protection' feature because it simply won't open when clicking on it (this is true for clicking on the icon in the 'Positions' or when opening the 'Modify Position' window')

Also, it seems that when the feature is not working properly, any change made to the feature will also not get triggered :

For example you set 'Move Stop Loss to Break Even' when gaining 35 pips, when price reaches those 35 pips, it won't register and the stop loss won't move.

I really hope this gets fixed since it really screws up people's money management, a big reason why I love cTrader over the other platforms.

- Best Wishes !

@viorelmatcas4
Replies

viorelmatcas4
13 Mar 2019, 22:57

RE:

viorelmatcas4 said:

I'm currently using FxPro cTrader 3.3, but I don't think the version matters since the "bug" seemed to be present in the other versions as well. I have also seen this problem being reported multiple times but so far it hasn't been fixed.

Basically, when having a position open, you sometimes can't use the 'Advanced Protection' feature because it simply won't open when clicking on it (this is true for clicking on the icon in the 'Positions' or when opening the 'Modify Position' window')

Also, it seems that when the feature is not working properly, any change made to the feature will also not get triggered :

For example you set 'Move Stop Loss to Break Even' when gaining 35 pips, when price reaches those 35 pips, it won't register and the stop loss won't move.

I really hope this gets fixed since it really screws up people's money management, a big reason why I love cTrader over the other platforms.

- Best Wishes !

UPDATE : Apparently it seems to not work properly only when you have the 'Chart Trading Layout' set to only seeing the chart (the entire screen is occupied by the chart).

@viorelmatcas4

damian8
14 Mar 2019, 04:34

I have this issue, have posted on it. No solution yet.

Sems only to happen to me on first trade of a new cTrader session. And if you sit a while, the button will work eventually.

However, the same button within the positions tab always works.

@damian8

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Mar 2019, 09:59

Hi guys,

The issue has been fixed in v3.5. Can you please check if you can reproduce?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

viorelmatcas4
14 Mar 2019, 10:16

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi guys,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I think it takes a bit longer for the FxPro Copy to update to the newest versions. It's still in the v3.3, having been updated more than a week or so ago.

Will update on the issue once I have the latest version of the platform.

Thanks !

@viorelmatcas4

damian8
14 Mar 2019, 14:29

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi guys,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Will do. But you should caution users that if they load a Workspoce from 3.3 in 3.5, it will not open in 3.3 again. So, suggest to make a copy of the 3.3 workspace before using it to test in 3.5.

@damian8

... Deleted by UFO ...