Pop-out charts do not remember display position

Created at 11 Mar 2019, 06:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

damian8

Joined 26.11.2018

Pop-out charts do not remember display position
11 Mar 2019, 06:20

I have 3 monitors. Workspace in Freechart Mode has 4 charts, 3 are popped-out. When I restart cTrader 2 of the three charts do not appear where I put them. I have to constantly re-build my trading chart layout.

Is there a trick to getting a workspace to open in exactly the same arrangement state as I left it when re-starting cTrader?  

@damian8
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Mar 2019, 17:21

Hi dmn,

We checked this but we cannot reproduce such behavior. Can you please let us know your screens resolution and scale of display?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

damian8
13 Mar 2019, 04:57

Requested display info below, but first another issue, see underlined, please help asap:

• If I open the workspace in v3.5 beta, the popped out charts appear where they should (where they were when I closed the app)
  • Once I open a v3.3 Workspace in v3.5, the workspace can then no longer be loaded in v3.3.  THEREFORE, as it stands right now, I am no longer able to open my trading Workspace on my broker instance of cTrader and am unable to trade as a result. This really is not cool.

REQUESTED DISPLAY INFO

1280x1024 and 17 inch diagonal.

Of the three displays:

1. the laptop that runs the show, it doesn't contain any cTrader windows. It is the "main display"

2. contains the cTrader application window. The workspace is set to Tabbed.

3. the display in question. It contains three popped-out charts, A, B and C

A) chart is maximised to consume half the screen width (using the Windows and right arrow key in Windows 10)

B and C) both charts are smaller and positioned manually. These are the charts which revert to the laptop main display when I re-load the Workspace in v3.3

@damian8

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Mar 2019, 16:56

Thanks dmn,

We managed to reproduce it and we will fix it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

damian8
14 Mar 2019, 08:27

Glad I could help :)

@damian8