HOWTO use 2 cTrader IDs simultaneously?

Created at 06 Mar 2019, 13:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VI

VitoCz

Joined 30.01.2019

HOWTO use 2 cTrader IDs simultaneously?
06 Mar 2019, 13:51

Hi,

I need to use 2 trading accounts on one computer, with the same broker, and in the same time, but they are linked to 2 individual cTrader IDs. They cannot be linked to one as one account is owned by someone else (of course I am authorized to trade on that account).

How can I achieve that? When I run 2 instances of the cTrader app they both change to the last cTrader ID I log in. Is there any workaround?

Thank you

@VitoCz
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Mar 2019, 14:05

Hi Vitore,

Unfortunately there isn't at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
06 Mar 2019, 14:18

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Vitore,

Unfortunately there isn't at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

thank you for your quick response.

It is unfortunate however and - from my own experience as well as from reading the forum - I get a feeling that the whole concept of linking accounts to cTrader IDs is causing an unnecessary mess in accounts and trading environments. I personally have multiple cTrader IDs and multiple accounts and it is really a painfull experience. Can you please consider at least allowing traders to log in using the account # directly as it used to be possible with the earlier versions of the platform?

Thank you,
Vitore

@VitoCz

bennn
06 Mar 2019, 15:01

You can do if you log out in the browser after logging in in cTrader.
Seems like the platform sync sessions via your default browser by constantly open it after login.

@bennn

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Mar 2019, 15:03

Hi guys, 

We plan to improve this in a future update and allow simultaneous sign in to different cTIDs. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
06 Mar 2019, 17:42

bennn - that one seems to work, thank you for the hint!

Panagiotis - sounds good, I'm sure it will make life of many users a bit easier!

thank you both,
Vitore

@VitoCz

firemyst
21 May 2019, 08:04

RE:
Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi guys, 

We plan to improve this in a future update and allow simultaneous sign in to different cTIDs. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Will this be available in the 3.5 release? Or do we have to wait for at least 3.6?
@firemyst