Possible to draw a short horizontal line?

Created at 02 Mar 2019, 00:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Possible to draw a short horizontal line?
02 Mar 2019, 00:47

Hi!

I can only find a tool to draw a horizontal line across the entire chart. When I want to draw small ranges this is very unpractical, and the trend lines is hard to draw precicely enough. Is there an option that I can not find? If not, is it something that might be added in the future? I’d guess it is very little programming for competent developers.

Thanks,

Ben.

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2019, 10:37

Hi Ben,

Trend lines are for this purpose. Why do you say that it is hard to draw precicely enough?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
07 Mar 2019, 15:54

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ben,

Trend lines are for this purpose. Why do you say that it is hard to draw precicely enough?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

The thing is that the trendline tool can be drawn every direction. I am trying to draw a short, horizontal line from a high or low to predict future resistance/support. When I draw the trendline I'm usually drawing it slightly upwards or downwards even though I try to draw it 100% horizontal. I would just like a simple line that I can draw perfectly horizontal, without it having to clutter all other major support- and resistance levels. 

Is there a feature that I'm not finding myself, perhaps?

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Mar 2019, 16:01

Hi Ben,

There is no other feature at the moment.You can try double clicking on the Trend Line and choose Show Angle. This feature will help you drawing a straight line.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
07 Mar 2019, 16:34

RE:

Hi Ben,

There is no other feature at the moment.You can try double clicking on the Trend Line and choose Show Angle. This feature will help you drawing a straight line.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Great, that will do it for now. Thanks.

@benpepperwhittaker

aegirsoncapital
26 Dec 2019, 12:25

RE: RE:

Yeah. Not having this feature is super annoying.  A shift hold when drawing to make it lock to fixed angles say 45° increments would be perfect.

I can't draw straight trendlines in cTrader due to shaky hands. So I have to resort to any other platform, since all platforms support this feature, but not ctrader

benpepperwhittaker said:

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@aegirsoncapital

jordi.putellas.garcia
26 Mar 2020, 12:16

RE: RE: RE:

arbite83 said:

Yeah. Not having this feature is super annoying.  A shift hold when drawing to make it lock to fixed angles say 45° increments would be perfect.

I can't draw straight trendlines in cTrader due to shaky hands. So I have to resort to any other platform, since all platforms support this feature, but not ctrader

benpepperwhittaker said:

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi sir, i've had the same problem. What I do is draw up a rectangle with the width of a line, works perfectly, it is even by default and perfectly horizontal.

@jordi.putellas.garcia