Two error messages in cTrader

Created at 27 Feb 2019, 22:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Two error messages in cTrader
27 Feb 2019, 22:44

I have two problems with cTrader:

1)

When I open up the cTrader desktop program I get the following Error:

"Error
Access to the path
C:/Users/[name]/Documents/cAlgo/API/cAlgo.API.dll is denied.
Please contact your system administrator and restart cTrader."

I can use cTrader, but the error message does not disappear when I restart the program. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

2)

I have saved templates before, but when I try to save a new template now I get an error message saying:

"Can not save template"

Is it possible to answer what I gotta do?

Greetings,

Ben.

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Feb 2019, 09:50

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting in our forum. They both sound as permission issues. Can you make sure that cTrader has read/wrire access to the specific folders?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
28 Feb 2019, 14:48

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting in our forum. They both sound as permission issues. Can you make sure that cTrader has read/wrire access to the specific folders?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I have checked the settings for both the cTrader application and the folder. I find that my user has access to everything that is possible for both of them.

I do not understand how to make sure that cTrader has access! I can go into the system settings and I find that my user has read/write access to the program, and the same with the folder, but I cannot find a specific place to give permission from cTrader app --> folder.

Can you please explain furher? Tried googling for hours as I'd reeeally like to be able to create and switch between templates.

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Feb 2019, 15:23

Hi Ben,

Both cAlgo folder and Templates folder are located in the Documents folder. So it seems cTrader does not have sufficient permissions to that folder. However I cannot give you further advise as I do not know what is happening on your pc. Can you please try running cTrader as an admininstrator and let me know if the problems disappear?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
28 Feb 2019, 22:20

RE:

Hi Ben,

Both cAlgo folder and Templates folder are located in the Documents folder. So it seems cTrader does not have sufficient permissions to that folder. However I cannot give you further advise as I do not know what is happening on your pc. Can you please try running cTrader as an admininstrator and let me know if the problems disappear?

Best Regards,

Pdnagiotis

Hmm, that is weird - I try to run as administrator but nothing happens. I'm on a Windows 10.

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Mar 2019, 11:34

Hi Ben,

When you say nothing happens, do you mean there are no errors or cTrader does not launch? If cTrader does not launch then this is because you probably try to run it from a short cut. To launch cTrader as an admininstrator, you need to find the actual folder and run it from there.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
01 Mar 2019, 14:00

RE:

Hi Ben,

When you say nothing happens, do you mean there are no errors or cTrader does not launch? If cTrader does not launch then this is because you probably try to run it from a short cut. To launch cTrader as an admininstrator, you need to find the actual folder and run it from there.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Sorry for not being clear.

Nothing happens as in cTrader does not launch. 

You were correct - I was trying to run it as administrator from a shortcut. I found the original file and launched it as administrator. Both errors still occur, so that does not fix the problem. Does it narrow down what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Ben

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Mar 2019, 14:27

Hi Ben,

Not really :) Can we arrange a TeamViewer session so that our QA team can inspect your computer?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
02 Mar 2019, 00:44

RE:

Hi Ben,

Not really :) Can we arrange a TeamViewer session so that our QA team can inspect your computer?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Absolutely.

@benpepperwhittaker

benpepperwhittaker
02 Mar 2019, 14:52

Hello!

It turned out to be an antivirus issue. I have now managed to resolve the problem. This was not really any faults of cTrader, so I am sorry for the trouble.

Best regards,

Ben.

@benpepperwhittaker