BUG: Timeframe shortcuts 1m -> 5m -> 15m not working

Created at 23 Feb 2019, 08:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

sifneos4fx

Joined 15.11.2017

BUG: Timeframe shortcuts 1m -> 5m -> 15m not working
23 Feb 2019, 08:33

Hello Panagiotis,

I have to reopen this, I can now reproduce it:

Changing timeframe using arrow keys works from bigger timeframes all the way down to 1m timframe. Now, changing from 1m to 5m, or from 5m to 15 min using the up arrow doesnt work. I see the timeframe quicklink is been highlighted but the timeframe remains the same. As soon I move  (not even klick) the mouse pointer over the timeframe quicklink bar, the timeframe changes.

Best Regards, 

Patrick

@sifneos4fx
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Feb 2019, 09:33

Hi Patrick,

I triend this but I cannot reproduce it. Charts change with up and down arrows. Is there a chance that your cTrader lost focus and does not respond to the buttons any more? Can you record a short video demonstrating the behavior with the mouse?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneos4fx
25 Feb 2019, 10:09

RE:

Surre, couldn't load it here, find recording here: http://sifneos.com/cTRader-timeframe-shortcuts.mp4

As I hit arrow key, you may see how the quicklink is been properly highlighted, however, the timeframe changes by the time the mouse pointer crosses the quicklink bar, no click is needed, just mouse over...

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Patrick,

I triend this but I cannot reproduce it. Charts change with up and down arrows. Is there a chance that your cTrader lost focus and does not respond to the buttons any more? Can you record a short video demonstrating the behavior with the mouse?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@sifneos4fx

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Feb 2019, 12:29

Hi Patrick,

Can you please send us your settings file at community@spotware.com? You can find it at C:\Users\UsernameAppData\Roaming\Broker cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneos4fx
26 Feb 2019, 10:23 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Hello Panagiotis

There are several Directories and Files, see attachmant. Which one?

Hi Patrick,

Can you please send us your settings file at community@spotware.com? You can find it at C:\Users\UsernameAppData\Roaming\Broker cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@sifneos4fx

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Feb 2019, 10:38

Hi Patrick,

The broker-cTrader, as shown in my previous post. If this happens on FxPro, then FxPro-cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Feb 2019, 10:55

Hi Patrick, 

As you have been informed by email, we have reproduced the issue and will be fixed in an upcoming update. In the meanwhile you can avoid using dashed lines on fiboniacci retracement tool which seems to cause the issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneos4fx
27 Feb 2019, 11:25

RE:

Hello Panagiotis

Indeed, changing from dots to lines solves the problem. I believe, that was a tough nut to crack. Thanks!

Best, 

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

As you have been informed by email, we have reproduced the issue and will be fixed in an upcoming update. In the meanwhile you can avoid using dashed lines on fiboniacci retracement tool which seems to cause the issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@sifneos4fx

sifneos4fx
06 Mar 2019, 11:31

Hello Panagioti

With the newest cTrader update, the "Fibonacci" issue is been fixed. Fibo lines are now all same thick/slim, no blouriness any more and dotted lines does not effect any more the timeframe shortcuts.

Well done!

Thank you!

Patrick

@sifneos4fx