ctrader id linked

Created at 18 Jan 2019, 21:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SN

snwargame

Joined 13.01.2019

ctrader id linked
18 Jan 2019, 21:14

how i can linked my account ?

how to delete the demo account form the list

i take with my broker but he din't show me any thing ...

@snwargame
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Jan 2019, 12:01

Hi snwargame,

This can be sorted out only by your broker. Please contact them again.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
30 Jan 2019, 09:06

Hi Panagiotis,

I experience the same "issue" every time I create a new account with a broker. The thing is I use multiple cTrader IDs and multiple accounts with multiple brokers :-) I want to mainatin my order in linking the accounts but cTrader ALWAYS messes it up. It always automatically assigns the new account to another (read wrong) cTrader ID and I have to contact the broker. The only result is a total mess and unnecessary effort on all sides.

My question is: In the past, traders used to be able to manage the links themselves. Some time ago it was disallowed and we always have to contact brokers. What's the point? This is by far the most annoying feature which I cannot understand. Is there any chance this could be changed to give the control back to traders?

Thank you for explanation

BR,
Vitore

@VitoCz

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jan 2019, 10:40

Hi Vitore,

Thanks for posting in our forum. How do you create your accounts? If you create a demo account using cTrader then the account should be linked to the cTrader ID you have used to sign in at the moment. If you create the account through another channel e.g. broker CRM, then you need to contact your broker about this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
30 Jan 2019, 11:26

Hi Panagiotis,

I mostly create live accounts via broker's client web pages. Then I find the account linked to some of my cTrader IDs and I'm not able to find according to what key it links. I try to be logged out of all my cTrader IDs at the moment of the new account creation and then first log in to the cTrader ID I want the account to be linked to and, still, it tells me it is already linked to another one. It is simply frustrating. Is there any reliable way how to ensure the newly created account is linked to the cTrader ID of my choice?

Thank you & best regards,
Vito

@VitoCz

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jan 2019, 11:33

Hi Vito,

Based on your description, it seems that the broker's portal does not give you the choice to link the account to the correct cTrader ID . This is out of our control and we are not aware how the portal is implemented, so you will need to discuss it with your broker. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
30 Jan 2019, 13:00

Hi Panagiotis,

ok, but why each account number has to be linked automatically in the first place? Why any change has to be made by the broker only and cannot be made by the trader? Especially when such an option existed in the past and the automated solution only causes inconvenience? Why is it so important to prevent traders from re-assigning their accounts among their cTrader IDs easily on their own?

Thank you,
Vito

@VitoCz

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jan 2019, 16:36

Hi Vito,

Since v3.3 all accounts need to be linked with a cTrader ID, in contrast with previous versions where you had the choice not to use cTrader ID but only your trading account. This happens because many of the features we develop are cloud based and require cTrader ID. Therefore we cannot support signing in with a trading account.

Regarding

"Why is it so important to prevent traders from re-assigning their accounts among their cTrader IDs easily on their own?". 

We do not intentionally prevent it but it is a complicated feature to be developed due to the security implications. Also it is not a very common scenario therefore there is not much requests for it. At the moment it is easier for the broker to validate your request, make sure that you own the other cTrader ID as well and change the ownership of the account.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

VitoCz
30 Jan 2019, 19:57

Hi Panagiotis,

thank you for your explanation. I'm not much happy about it but at least I understand the reasons much better and appreciate your effort with explaining it :-)

Best regards,
Vito

@VitoCz