Stop-limit via chart or DoM

Created at 16 Dec 2018, 17:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

swingfish

Joined 25.06.2016

Stop-limit via chart or DoM
16 Dec 2018, 17:26

quick question, is there a way to default to a stop-limit order instead of a market order on charts and/or the Dom ? 

in the dom i can set limits easy, but i have not yet figured out how to make this stop limits 

@swingfish
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Dec 2018, 11:32

Hi Mario,

There is no such feature at the moment for DoM. For charts, you can configure market range for market orders via the QuickTrade settings.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

swingfish
17 Dec 2018, 12:38

So setting a range in quick trade makes them stop limits ? 

That would be nice, I usually use the Dom and just keep moving the orders along with the offers

Which is fine, but a quick entry usually ends up to be quite expensive,

I was assuming the range is like a way to help as it was there even before stop limits existed, thanks for pointing that out.

@swingfish

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Dec 2018, 12:42

Hi Mario,

The way stop limit is implemented in cTrader is in fact a market range order triggered when the stop price is reached. So if you send a market order with range, it will behave in the same way as it would if it was a stop limit order that was just triggered.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

swingfish
17 Dec 2018, 12:46

Does the range consider spread ? 

Because the spread is usually what's making scale is rather expensive.

@swingfish

swingfish
17 Dec 2018, 12:48

As example if I could just set a .5 pip range and if the spread takes it out, would prevent the fill ?

@swingfish