Save changes on indicators as default?

Created at 05 Dec 2018, 23:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EI

eirik_1993

Joined 05.12.2018

Save changes on indicators as default?
05 Dec 2018, 23:41

Is it possible to save changes I have done on indicators such as Stochastics Oscillator to default so that when I open them later or on other charts, I won't have to do it all again every time?

Thanks.

@eirik_1993
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Dec 2018, 10:00

Hi eirik_1993,

You can use Templates for this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
28 May 2020, 12:29

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi eirik_1993,

You can use Templates for this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

How @Panagiotis?

Don't templates save the whole chart set up, and not just individual indicator settings?

So on one chart I have 5 indicators, and then load the BollingerBands. I put in settings 13 for period and 1 for std dev.

I save the template as "test template"

Now I have a second chart with 3 indicators already placed on it. When I go to add the Bollinger Bands, they'll still resort to the cTrader default of 20 and 2; where is there an option for me to load just bollinger bands with my values of 13 and 1 without loading the "test template" I just saved that has 5 other indicators on it?

I believe that's what @eirik_1993 is asking for. Even if he isn't, I'd like to know :-)

A platform that does it perfectly is Think Trader. For any indicator, you can save whatever settings you have specific to it as 'default', so whenever you add that indicator to any chart or template, it'll load that indicator with your defined 'default' settings instead of the ThinkTrader default.

So in this case I'd like cTrader to load my BollingerBands with my defaults instead of the built in 20/2 defaults.

Thank you.

@firemyst