cTrader freezes when position is opened

Created at 20 Nov 2018, 20:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

1222Ht

Joined 11.11.2017

cTrader freezes when position is opened
20 Nov 2018, 20:06

Hi , thank you for reading my question .

this problem happens to me very recently . I run a custom indicator on 20 symbols . and i  open two cTraders , ( so  each running 10 symbols)

May I first ask that if this has any performace difference than if i run all 20 in one ctrader application ?

But my problem is that . these 20 symbols are running okay as long as i dont have any positions opened . I can switch between symbols and move around inside each chart and they are fine . 

However , once i open position  / a pending order is filled . the chart goes crazy . i cannot drag around and it responds very slowly and when i  switch between symbols they arent quite responding and maybe after a few minutes it completely freezes , and become unusable .then i have to end the application ;  without any trade taking place they can run all day long no problem , 

Im not very familiar with programming and can i solve this by reinstalling in any method or is there any updates that i can do 

Thank you very much

@1222Ht
Replies

1222Ht
20 Nov 2018, 20:44

By the way i didnt mention that im using IC Market and it seems that that version is not most up to date would that somehow cause this problem .

Many Thanks

@1222Ht

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Nov 2018, 09:27

Hi 1222Ht,

Can you share the indicator with us so that we can check?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

1222Ht
24 Nov 2018, 06:04

Dear Panagiotis ,

Thank you very much for you reply . I've maybe found a reason for this though lil weird but somehow the problem is gone 

I removed codes related to

Account

Positions &&
PendingOrders

and put them separately in a cBot and the problem is somehow gone .  I cant tell if they caused it with my limited knowledge onbut the indicators are working

fine now. Thank you very much

@1222Ht