Open chart window from detached History/Positions window

Created at 01 Nov 2018, 10:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

sifneos4fx

Joined 15.11.2017

Open chart window from detached History/Positions window
01 Nov 2018, 10:09

Hello Panagiotis, Hello Traders

Opening a chart window from a detached History or Position window, opens the chart sometimes as detached window, some other times opens it within cTrader. How to force  the chart window to always open detached if I open it from a detached window?

Thank you!

Patrick

@sifneos4fx
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2018, 11:07

Hi Patrick.

The charts should always open attached to cTrader. If they open in a detached state then it is a bug. However, we could not reproduce when this happens. Any assistance in reproducing this problem would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneos4fx
01 Nov 2018, 11:16

RE:

When I right click a position or a history entry within the application, it always opens the window within the application which makes perfeclty sense. To me, also makes perfectly sense, the windows to open directly detached when this is opened from a detached position or history window. Some assets, always opens detached, others always opens within the application. 

I will keep investigating...

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Patrick.

The charts should always open attached to cTrader. If they open in a detached state then it is a bug. However, we could not reproduce when this happens. Any assistance in reproducing this problem would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@sifneos4fx

sifneos4fx
01 Nov 2018, 11:17

RE:

To me, this is not a bug, this is a great feature :)

Hi Patrick.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@sifneos4fx

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2018, 12:24

Hi Patrick,

The designed behavior is charts to open in attached state in cTrader Trade and in detatched state in cTrader Automate. Could that be the reason you are getting different behavior in different cases?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneos4fx
03 Nov 2018, 10:01

RE:

Thank you for investigating in it!

Yes, opening from within "automate"  history or positions list, opens the chart as detached, this helps a lot. However, opening charts from a detached list, ôpens the chart sometimes as detached and sometimes within "Trade",  don't know yet when this happens, I will let you know!

Best Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

The designed behavior is charts to open in attached state in cTrader Trade and in detatched state in cTrader Automate. Could that be the reason you are getting different behavior in different cases?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@sifneos4fx