can"t read long files names of custom indicators in f/ custom

Created at 29 Aug 2018, 14:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
UV

uvwxyz

Joined 06.02.2017

can"t read long files names of custom indicators in f/ custom
29 Aug 2018, 14:04

Hi,  When  I  try to open my other custom indicators with long file names, in an open chart, I can't any more view long file names when i use f / custom. This was possible before, so I used good meaningful names. Please help. Possible solutions are:

1)  make full files names visible when cursor goes over it,

2) or make the file names font smaller as was in the previous version,

3) or use expandable window to fit the longest file name or scroll bars at bottom of the file name window.

Currently I have to count , for eg 43 indicators below/ above some particular indicator.

Making my file names smaller in all my codes will be too much work and too error prone;  Now I can not continue using the cTrader without huge difficulty.

@uvwxyz
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Aug 2018, 16:47

Hi uvwxyz,

Thanks for the suggestion. You can consider posting it in UserVoice so that it can be considered by the product team. It makes it easier for us to manage suggestions in one place and provide proper feedback rather than being scattered in different forum topics.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

uvwxyz
01 Sep 2018, 03:43

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi uvwxyz,

Thanks for the suggestion. You can consider posting it in UserVoice so that it can be considered by the product team. It makes it easier for us to manage suggestions in one place and provide proper feedback rather than being scattered in different forum topics.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

Thanks for your reply. However, I thought CTrader's and formerly cAlgo's one of key principles was Custom Development, as your website says. Previously you provided a facility wherby I could develop some complex indicators over many years and this required using long indicator names. It was possible to view these names when opening many indicator windows on the same chart. Now with the last update you made it impossible to distinguish these indicators when opening on the same chart. I feel this is not part of requesting something new and is therefore not part of 'UserVoice' as a new suggestion, but it is an essential back-compatibity feature that should never have been taken away. 

If such drastic changes are made in your updates that back-compatibity is not respected, it is hard to know how reliabe cTrader would be in the future. Hoping that this feature will be soon put back.

@uvwxyz

ClickAlgo
04 Sep 2018, 08:41

Hi, uvwxyz,

My 2-cents is that using long names for any software project is not a good design practice and should be avoided, consider using acronyms instead.

Paul Hayes
Sales & Marketing
Emailcontact@clickalgo.com
Phone: (44) 203 289 6573
Websitehttps://clickalgo.com

Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube | Pinterest | LinkedIn

@ClickAlgo