new version crawling with 8 GB RAM and 6 indicators open on same chart.

Created at 27 Jul 2018, 16:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
UV

uvwxyz

Joined 06.02.2017

new version crawling with 8 GB RAM and 6 indicators open on same chart.
27 Jul 2018, 16:33

Hi,

With the 3.01 version of cTrader,  when i have more than 6 indicators open on the same instance my 8Gb Ram computer starts crawling. Previous to the upgrade of CTrader, it worked well with 10 times more charts open.  I also noticed the cpu is contnuousluy engaged between 6% to 40% all the time. All of a sudden this upgrade makes cTrader unuable for me. I have done a clean download of the new version with no better result. What can i do to carry on ALL my previous work ? Is anyone else facing similar problems?

Thanking you in advance.

@uvwxyz
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Jul 2018, 17:10

Hi uvwxyz,

Could you please post more information about your set up? What indicators do you use? How many charts do you have open? Can you share a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

uvwxyz
28 Jul 2018, 15:02

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi uvwxyz,

Could you please post more information about your set up? What indicators do you use? How many charts do you have open? Can you share a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi  Panagiotis,  I appreciate your early reply, thanks Panagiotis.

I am only using my custom indicators. 

I also observd that when i had no instance open, the CPU was still very busy, 0% to 25%. All my indicators had been previously been succesfully compiled with no errors. This suggests to me the new update is trying to recompile the indcators; There is no way i can go back and change all the indicators to not use the obsolete API. That would take just too long.

After the new version download & the problem i encounted with slow scrolling of chart, I removed all the indicators except few, out of the cAlgo/Sources/Indicators folder. I closed all instances except one,   & i  had 8  indicators open below this chart (I opened the same indicator again and again, 8 times).  There was no improvement. Scrolling along the charts was not possible.

It appears that some of the problem may be with the slow implementation of your new API , in particular the new "Chart.DrawVerticalLine", & the obsolete "ChartObjects.DrawVerticalLine", ie as below:

//Chart.DrawVerticalLine("endSell" + ind, ind, Color.Yellow, 3, LineStyle.Solid);
      //ChartObjects.DrawVerticalLine("endSell" + ind, ind, Colors.Yellow, 3, LineStyle.Solid);

When i disabled these as shown, the problem disappeared, and i could scroll smoothly along the chart with 8 open indicators.  The newer Chart.DrawVerticalLine would crash my indicator when i had 8 indicators open; the obsolete ChartObjects.DrawVerticalLine wont crash it, but strangely,  was far slower than how it performed before the Ctrader update of last week. These vertical lines are the essence of my indicators, aiding me to analyse and experiment in building my final strategy, which i was very close to before this problem stopped everything for me.

I am using : Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 - 3320M   2.60 GHz    2.60 GHz.        RAM of 8.GB.   Display adapter are: Intel(R) HD Graphics 400 (updated drivers) & RealTek WiFi Display VGA adapter (  updated driver).

If the problem in faster implementatiion of the newer API can't be solved,  or whatever the problem is cant be solved, can i possibly please, use the previous version for building and experimenting.  Then when i am ready to  build my final indicators that wont use these graphiccal visual tools, i will use the newer version of CTrader, Calgo. The last version was working just fine for me. This is totally not.

Thanking you for you assistence very much, i advance.

@uvwxyz