Removing old Demo Accounts from Ctrader / Cloud

Created at 19 Jul 2018, 15:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Symposium

Joined 16.07.2018

Removing old Demo Accounts from Ctrader / Cloud
19 Jul 2018, 15:37

With the previous version of Ctrader you were able remove exhausted / old Demo Accounts by deleteing them from the Accounts drop down menu.

With Version 3.0 this feature has been removed, with the only access appearing to be the cloud.

Or is there another way to remove accounts from the menu / cloud in Version 3.0.

Thanks in Advance.

@Symposium
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Jul 2018, 15:42

Hi Symposium,

In the past cTrader allowed traders to sign in either with their trading account or with their cTID. Therefore you had the choice to unlink/remove an account from your cTID. From cTrader 3.0 and on, cTID will become the only choice for signing in. Therefore all trading accounts will need to be linked to a cTID and that is why the option has been removed. If you wish to get rid of the account, you need to contact your broker to unlink it for you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Symposium
20 Jul 2018, 13:42

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Symposium,

In the past cTrader allowed traders to sign in either with their trading account or with their cTID. Therefore you had the choice to unlink/remove an account from your cTID. From cTrader 3.0 and on, cTID will become the only choice for signing in. Therefore all trading accounts will need to be linked to a cTID and that is why the option has been removed. If you wish to get rid of the account, you need to contact your broker to unlink it for you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I spoke with my Broker (Pepperstone) and they said they cannot remove them either? 

I'll just wait the 30 days for the system to clear them.

Thanks once again Panagiotis, much appreciated.

@Symposium

JohnDoeDoe
25 Jul 2020, 19:20

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Symposium,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

What if it's a Spotware Demo Account? I am having tremendous trouble figuring out how to remove one I created by accident by signing in to the Spotware cTrader Web instead of my broker's.

@JohnDoeDoe

mag2kus
26 Jul 2020, 13:30

I had the same problem as you. Your broker should be able to unlink them. They unlinked mine no issues.

@mag2kus

karopega2
28 Jul 2020, 09:44

RE:

mag2kus said:

I had the same problem as you. Your broker should be able to unlink them. They unlinked mine no issues.

I am having same issue. IC Markets say that cannot identify the email address and refer to Spotware. Spotware seems to not have a personalized helpdesk. Issue I am having is that when I log into Ctrader 3.8 Beta, it logs in with my demo account and I am unable to choose the live account (which I can then only access with web version or 3.7). Very strange stuff. 

I probably will end up creating an entirely new account, as annoying as it is and then have the previous one deleted.

@karopega2

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2020, 08:14

Hi karopega,

You cannot use Spotware Beta with your live account. Broker accounts can be used only using the broker's cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous