Weekend candles and how to set timezone to remove them

Created at 06 Jul 2018, 18:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MO

mostafanfs

Joined 03.07.2018

Weekend candles and how to set timezone to remove them
06 Jul 2018, 18:29

Guys look at this picture. Why would i see those weekend candles ? 

Obviousely the market is closed at the weekends so i think those candles are for the last day of the week and they are there just for having a wrong timezone. But the think is that when I set timezone to something else like UTC+3 problem of this specific week is resolved but I still keep seeing these weekend candles in other past weeks. 

So I'm asking how to set the timezone properly so I wouldn't see these candles anywhere ?

I have already tried UTC+2 and UTC+3 . Since broker is FxPro I would have expected one of these settings would work out. 

@mostafanfs
Replies

ctid362150
07 Jul 2018, 06:56

Dubai & Qatar are open on the weekend.

@ctid362150

mostafanfs
07 Jul 2018, 07:13

RE:

ctid362150 said:

Dubai & Qatar are open on the weekend.

Thank you sir

Well I don't know if you know that FxPro MT4 is GMT+3 and there are no weekend candles in that platform. So I figured by setting cTrader in UTC+3 mode I would get the same results but I didn't !

Isn't UTC+3 supposed to be the same as GMT+3 ? I think it is. So what's wrong ? Why there are candles at weekend in cTrader but not MT4 ?

Although the other problem is that those candles I'm talking about are not always there! For example in 2018 chart of EURUSD in cTrader there are no such candles in April, May, June and only half of the March !

So what is the deal here ? 

@mostafanfs

ctid362150
07 Jul 2018, 07:22

Hi

Yes, UTC & GMT are just different names for the same thing.

I don't use MT4 (or any version) only cTrader, so I can't comment on that. But I do see weekend candels here too. (South Australia GMT +9:30) It's not a bad thing to see them as it does give you an idea what direction things were heading. BTW Dubai & Qatar shut Friday and Saturday (that's their 'weekend') and open on Sunday morning.

Have a look here for opening times etc.

https://www.stockmarketclock.com/exchanges

You can sort by clicking on the arrows on the column headed 'Countdown' There may have been holidays in the closed periods you've mentioned. But I could be totally wrong...

@ctid362150