Market sentiment

Created at 26 Jun 2018, 18:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IF

iForex2015

Joined 17.03.2015

Market sentiment
26 Jun 2018, 18:46

Hello, 

Is the market sentiment on cTrader from individual broker or is an agregate from all brokers showing from spotware server ?

Thanks

@iForex2015
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Jun 2018, 08:59

Hi,

It is an aggregation from all our servers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iForex2015
27 Jun 2018, 18:39

Hi Panagiotis, 

Thanks for the reply. When I hover that indicator it says for example, 10% of client accounts with openpositions in this symbol expect the price to fall. Could you please clarify if this is percentage of absolute positions ==> (number of buy or sell positions  / all positions  ) *100 ?

Thanks

@iForex2015

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Jun 2018, 09:15

Hi 3047070,

Yes that's it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iForex2015
28 Jun 2018, 16:04

Hi Panagiotis, 
I think it is absurd calculation because ,10 ten lot sell position summing upto 100 lots will determmine market direction compared to 90 micro lot buy positions summing upto 0.9 lot. But still market sentiment will show up like 90% buying. Wouldn't you agree ? I say this because recently I noticed many symbol showing 90 + % open buy or sell positions and price goes opposite. THis is a useless feature or even misleading.

Thanks

@iForex2015

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Jun 2018, 16:27

Hi 3047070,

It is neither absurd nor something intelligent. It is just a metric that says what it says. And what it says is that x% of traders believe that the market will go up and z% of traders believe that will go down. It is up to you to decide if this information is helpful for you or not and if you should consider it in any way. If you are not happy with this feature you can always use more advanced third part sentiment tools that consider volume of open positions as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

obaigw
22 Jul 2018, 19:57

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi 3047070,

It is neither absurd nor something intelligent. It is just a metric that says what it says. And what it says is that x% of traders believe that the market will go up and z% of traders believe that will go down. It is up to you to decide if this information is helpful for you or not and if you should consider it in any way. If you are not happy with this feature you can always use more advanced third part sentiment tools that consider volume of open positions as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

please consider adding volume of positions as well as this would be more representative of the true market sentiment

@obaigw

samkenia
14 Oct 2019, 16:25

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi 3047070,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis Charalampous, where can we access the advanced third party sentiment tools that consider volume of open positions?

@samkenia

Symposium
15 Oct 2019, 06:16

RE:

IGForex said:

Hi Panagiotis, 
I think it is absurd calculation because ,10 ten lot sell position summing upto 100 lots will determmine market direction compared to 90 micro lot buy positions summing upto 0.9 lot. But still market sentiment will show up like 90% buying. Wouldn't you agree ? I say this because recently I noticed many symbol showing 90 + % open buy or sell positions and price goes opposite. THis is a useless feature or even misleading.

Thanks

IGForex, all data can be useful in these markets...... maybe look at sentiment when volumes are generally low (Asian, Early Monday, Late Friday Sessions) and you may notice the contrarians (or LP's) trading the opposite direction to market sentiment......

Possible strategy? Useful? Think about it........ Definetly not absurd.......

@Symposium

iForex2015
12 Feb 2020, 18:47

How to remove market sentiment without removing quick trade buttons

Hi Panagiotis ,

Is there a way to hide market sentiment without removing quick trade buttons ?

@iForex2015

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Feb 2020, 08:24

Hi Ivan,

We have restored this option in Spotware cTrader Beta. It will be pushed to brokers soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iForex2015
13 Feb 2020, 13:22

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Ivan,

We have restored this option in Spotware cTrader Beta. It will be pushed to brokers soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Thats great. Thanks for the message.

@iForex2015

iForex2015
21 Jun 2021, 18:29

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi 3047070,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I want to thank you for this most valuable information which I could not understand at first. It is neither absurd not intelligent, but just a metric. It took me a while and a lot of research and study to realize, all these indicators are just output shown based on current and/or past data. Beginner traders tend to hunt for that one perfect intelligent indicator that would show future results based on past data which simply does not exist. It s all about how do we interpret and use information to our advantage. 
Regards. 

@iForex2015

iForex2015
21 Jun 2021, 18:36

RE: RE:

Symposium said:

IGForex said:

Hi Panagiotis, 

Thanks

IGForex, all data can be useful in these markets...... maybe look at sentiment when volumes are generally low (Asian, Early Monday, Late Friday Sessions) and you may notice the contrarians (or LP's) trading the opposite direction to market sentiment......

Possible strategy? Useful? Think about it........ Definetly not absurd.......

Thanks for the input. I tried as you suggested and its all 50-50. I realized it is not absurd. It s just an indicator and best option in front of me is to find a way to use it to my advantage.

@iForex2015