Memory RAM consumption stacks up with positions getting opened and closed.

Created at 08 Jun 2018, 13:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

irmscher9

Joined 22.12.2016

Memory RAM consumption stacks up with positions getting opened and closed.
08 Jun 2018, 13:30

Hi there.

I'm running 13 cBots on my cTrader. I have 8 GB RAM on that machine.

So when I just installed and started the software, launched all 13 bots it was consuming like 300 MB of RAM.

Now after a dozen positions have been opened and closed it's consuming 2000 MB of RAM with only one opened position at the moment.

So what I have noticed, it kinda accomulate RAM consumption with every position opened and closed. More precisely, it adds up more RAM consumption with position opened and doesn't free those RAM when the position is closed. So the amount of used RAM is going up every time and the software will just crash eventually, when the amount of RAM reaches 8GB.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvJJop5QTya7gaUVIqrFs4qsA6EvYQ

Is it a BUG?

Cheers :)

@irmscher9
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Jun 2018, 14:11

Hi irmscher9,

Next time this happens, please send roubleshooting information. You can do so by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, put the link to this discussion in the form and press Submit. The development team will receive all the necessary information to investigate this behavior.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ClickAlgo
08 Jun 2018, 16:56

Hi,

Try the following:

1. When you backtest or optimise the robots try restarting the platform to release all the memory that has been allocated.
  2. Use the cTrader Memory Manager where you can manually release memory or set it to automatically flush the memory when it gets too high without restarting the platform.

There are two other possibilities:

1. Your code is causing the memory leak.
  2. The platform is causing the memory leak.

If it was the platform, there would be a lot more users complaining about excessive memory, but while Spotware investigates, also take a look at your code and see if you had been backtesting.

If you want a free copy of the memory manager just send me an email

Paul Hayes
Sales & Marketing
Emailcontact@clickalgo.com
Phone: (44) 203 289 6573
Websitehttps://clickalgo.com

@ClickAlgo

irmscher9
08 Jun 2018, 19:57

Oh, wow.

Thanks both of you.

- Panagiotis, will do!