platform is not responding

Created at 05 Jun 2018, 22:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

procumulative@gmail.com

Joined 29.05.2018

platform is not responding
05 Jun 2018, 22:03

Hi,

so we got another update, but my issues are same... when I want to modify postion (by moving TP or SL), platform stop responds, after some time it ll do the change, but heres the process: I do the change, platform stop responding, then change will occur, then platform is laggy and have to restart.

Does anybody have this problem?

Plus, didnt try it during major econom. event with 12 charts simultaneously opened, but guessing it ll be same, not responding and laggy.

Really version 2.0 was better!!!

@procumulative@gmail.com
Replies

procumulative@gmail.com
05 Jun 2018, 22:06

I have decided to rather test in demo. 
Heres another bug I think:

in version 2.0 when we didnt gave enough fund, we couldnt open postion - place limit order. Now we can, but its not filled - limit order dissapear when price reach it.

@procumulative@gmail.com

MoshiM
06 Jun 2018, 00:29

RE:

procumulative@gmail.com said:

Hi,

so we got another update, but my issues are same... when I want to modify postion (by moving TP or SL), platform stop responds, after some time it ll do the change, but heres the process: I do the change, platform stop responding, then change will occur, then platform is laggy and have to restart.

Plus, didnt try it during major econom. event with 12 charts simultaneously opened, but guessing it ll be same, not responding and laggy.

I'm also having this problem since the new update. Works fine for a few minutes but eventually even changing timeframes or adding charts in addition to what you mentioned will cause ctrader to stop responding for me.

@MoshiM

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Jun 2018, 10:20

Hi to both,

Could you please send us some troubleshooting information so that we can investigate further? To do so, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, put a link to this discussion in the textbox and press Submit.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
06 Jun 2018, 16:41

done
Let me know...

@procumulative@gmail.com

MixMan
22 Jun 2018, 08:33

have the same problem with this

I have also sent the information

@MixMan

MoshiM
23 Jun 2018, 14:53

How many open positions do the rest of you have? I started having immediate issues once I had 17 open. 

@MoshiM

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Jun 2018, 10:13

Hello all,

If someone can send us a short video demonstrating this problem, it will be helpful for the product team to determine the exact reason of the issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
27 Jun 2018, 15:23

problem still remain... update ASAP

I dont have video yet...
Testing on demo, because for live trading its not useable at all...

- have 12 charts open in ctrader platform window (attached charts)
- have multiple positions on each product (chart)

problem is, when I try to modify executed order via chart (take profit, stop loss), then platfrom FREEZE, its NOT RESPONDING... after some time it modify order, but every other move after, like scroll back on chart create same bug (FREEZE, NOT RESPONDING). Reaction time is horrbile... 
currently have 85 limit orders across those 12 products and cant modify em at all without those problems platfrom has.
15 pending orders...

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS RESTART OF PLATFORM!!!

limit pending orders works fine, I can move target profit and stop loss without platforms issues.

AND PLEASE ADD THIS:
- ATM (advanced trading management strategy) - so I can set the whole position when limit order is filled, I mean when limit order is filled I want that strategy to create for example 3 take profits, 2 SLs with trailing. (DONT WANNA SET IT MANUALLY FOR EACH TRADE individually)
It should be set up for every chart I want or possibility to create multiple strategies and just change between them (fast and clean) cause we can trade also exotics and theres management completelly different...
let sizing according certain product and TPs and SLs percentually...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
27 Jun 2018, 15:30

RE:

I have sent again that report right after problem occured.
I ve tried to move SL of executed order, after each click of mouse on platform it freezed and reaction time was in a few seconds.

You can find that report according https of platform is not respoding topic...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
10 Jul 2018, 18:55

RE:

Hi,

well, saw update, but problem still remain... any solution?

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
18 Jul 2018, 13:15

I have no idea how anybody can work with this platform live, when the issue is still there... Perhaps I ll repeat myself, but when I try to modify executed order, platform is not responding for some time, then every other move after on platform has same issue - not responding until its completely restarted. Its not a small problem but it still occur, so why not have this as a top priority to fix please?

I ve provided reports several time, no response from you regarding to that...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
18 Jul 2018, 13:16

anybody else has same problem? dont hesitate to tell us here...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
18 Jul 2018, 13:16

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
03 Aug 2018, 14:22

another update, another failure... issue still remains...

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Aug 2018, 14:27

Hi,

We asked for a video but you did not provide it yet. Unfortunately we cannot determine the problem if we do not have enough information. Would you be available for a TeamViewer session with one of our QA engineers for further investigation?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

amsman
03 Aug 2018, 15:25

RE:

I'm having the same issue..... I run a cBot for 72 hours on a very short TF, so have 1500+ 0.01 micro trades continually opening and closing without issue over this period

So when I hit CLOSE ALL to take a $7800 profit....  takes 30mins to close.........

So by the time it closes all.... $6100 is the final figure, $1700 gone due to stalling platform..

This platform can not handle hi frequency trading what so ever...... i7 Chip 1tb SSD and 16G Ram....... and it stutters around like a 286...........

@amsman

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Aug 2018, 15:31

Hi amsman,

We will check this. In the meanwhile a suggestion is to develop a cBot for this task and use ClosePositionAsync to check if it improves the performance.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

uvwxyz
11 Aug 2018, 08:32

RE:

Thank you guys, glad to know i am not only one having issues with performance in the new version of cTrader.

Seems like my new computer arriving in few days, with i7 (6 cores), 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD will not do any difference!!! Will keep you posted. I always thought it was the new version's implementation of new Graphical API was the problem. We dont need fancy tools but fast efficient tools. Or is it that some kind of brake goes on after certain nubmber of open charts???  I hope Spotware solves this issue very soon and continue their great pioneering work. Cheers.

@uvwxyz

procumulative@gmail.com
27 Aug 2018, 16:57

good job... seems like everything works now after the latest update...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
04 Sep 2018, 16:51

I was wrong, seems like again some issue is occuring...
when I opened another positions to existing ones its doing same stuff... 

slow response after I manage positions - limit stop loss or limit take profit.. waiting around 1 or 2 seconds for platform response, then get platform is not responding... after its managed, platform isnt useable anymore and require restart...

Can you check that again?

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
04 Sep 2018, 16:52

115 unrealized trades, 34 orders... and its doing again

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Sep 2018, 17:05

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi,

We asked for a video but you did not provide it yet. Unfortunately we cannot determine the problem if we do not have enough information. Would you be available for a TeamViewer session with one of our QA engineers for further investigation?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi procumulative@gmail.com,

We have asked for additional information but we never received it. See above. We never said the problem was fixed since we never got the necessary information to investigate it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
08 Sep 2018, 04:25

RE: RE:

Hi Panagiotisx

Yes, possible, can you contact me on e-mail, where we can change skype and be able to do teamviewer when both of us will be online and have time for it?

Regards,

Hi,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

We have asked for additional information but we never received it. See above. We never said the problem was fixed since we never got the necessary information to investigate it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Sep 2018, 09:53

I will send you an email soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

bessmertnyy
18 Sep 2018, 13:17

I am having exactly the same problem you have described.

Platform is freezing after trying to do some actions on the screen - manage TP or SL of an open position.

First it freezes, then starts responding but stays very laggy, and the problem appeared about a month ago.

Have to restart the platform multiple times a day, it becomes unbearable to work with it.

Did you find a solution to this problem?

@bessmertnyy

bessmertnyy
19 Sep 2018, 09:46

Also, any attempt to close or manage the position using buttons on the chart window makes the platform freeze and unable to use

@bessmertnyy

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Sep 2018, 11:02

Hi bessmertnyy,

If you are available for arranging a TeamViewer session, please send me an email at community@spotware.com

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

nawab.islam
19 Sep 2018, 19:29

cTrader Platform hangs when some sudden price change happens

Hello,

I have 3 desktop computers:

Intel Xeon Quad Core Processor

16 GB RAM

500 GB SSD

All of them experience the same issue. Whenever there is any news or the price changes to make some spike, the platform stops responsing. It freezes completely. It works automatically after sometime. Or i need to restart the platform.

Regards,

Nawab.

@nawab.islam

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Sep 2018, 11:56

Hi Nawab,

Thanks for reporting your issue. Does this appear after modifications, as it happens for other users, or only on news releases? Do you run any cBots or do you execute manual trading?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid362150
22 Sep 2018, 07:33

Since the upgrade to Version 3 (cTrader Web on iMac) there are numerous problems

Platform will not respond to mouse-clicks when trying to close or modify position
Platform randomly 'restarts' and either reloads, reloads a wrong works space, or just sits there spinning the progress circles.
Candles stop appearing, even though the price lines are moving, the countdown clock is running and the screen moves to the next candle position. But no candles are appearing and it looks, at first glance, that the symbol isn't trading.
History disappears.

Orders that have been cancelled (before triggering) still appear on the screen as a pening order. Need to change timeframe and back again for the screen to redraw correctly. But if I look at another symbol (symbol B), and then return to symbol A, the cancelled orders appear back on the screen.

This happens in either Firefox or Safari (both latest version)

I think, until these issue are corrected, you should make Version 2 available again. (even if it's just by user choice) Not being able to close positions when you need to could get costly for some users.

Oh, and that dollar display format needs fixing.....
And the way we need to set a Trailing Stop is problematic.
See this post regarding that Trailing Stop Loss - Pips in trail.

Regards
John

@ctid362150

ctid362150
24 Sep 2018, 17:48

The item listed above just cost me.

"...Candles stop appearing, even though the price lines are moving, the countdown clock is running and the screen moves to the next candle position. But no candles are appearing and it looks, at first glance, that the symbol isn't trading...."

UK100 was trading up, yet the S/L got taken out because the candles didn't move for several minutes. After the S/L got taken, I changed the screen from 1 minute, to 2 and back, and there were suddenly 4 extra candles.

FIX THESE ISSUES.

@ctid362150

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Sep 2018, 09:31

Hi John,

Can you please contact us at community@spotware.com so that we can arrange a TeamViewer session with our QA department?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

bessmertnyy
27 Sep 2018, 11:23

Update on my report of freezing platform when managing positions on the screen

I was contacted by spotware programmers, they tested the platform, found the problem yesterday and deployed a fix today.

As of now, the problem does not appear any more.

@bessmertnyy

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Sep 2018, 11:28

Hi bessmertnyy,

Good to hear that. Please note that we have deployed the fix only to your broker therefore other traders might still experience the issue. Upon making sure that the problem is resolved, we will roll out the fix to all brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

tradeFX4BTC
08 Oct 2018, 09:03

I have the same issue. I'll explain what I have experienced. 

1.) Multiple positions are open, Positions Tab is open, If you adjust the Positions Tab ( Platform freezes, High CPU, = Solution is force the platform to shutdown from Task Manager)

2. Multiple Positions are open , Position Tab is open, If any Takeprofit or Stoploss is modified, ( Platform freezes, High CPU, = Solution is force the platform to shutdown from Task Manager)

Kind of a solution for those manual traders. 

1. ) Keep your Positions Tab closed ( Charts Only Layout ) 

I have Two trading PCs. Both PC, + platforms have the same issue. 

@tradeFX4BTC

tradeFX4BTC
08 Oct 2018, 09:11

RE:

Hi Nawab,

Thanks for reporting your issue. Does this appear after modifications, as it happens for other users, or only on news releases? Do you run any cBots or do you execute manual trading?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Yes, the issue happens immediately after adjusting the Takeprofit and Stoploss levels from the Charts(drag to modify) and only  When the Positions Tab is open.  Also adjusting the Positions tab also results in Freezing, High CPU usage, and Laggy platform feeling. 

This is for Windows Desktop Platform ( I haven't tried the Web versions). 

@tradeFX4BTC

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Oct 2018, 11:12

Hi ctraders,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Does this happen on Spotware cTrader Public Beta v3.3?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
01 Nov 2018, 19:45

RE:

Hi ctraders,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Does this happen on Spotware cTrader Public Beta v3.3?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

sorry for such long dealy in my replay. Regarding to you question, yes its same issue after update... after I change limit order or stop limit order, platform freeze, changing takes more than 3 seconds and after all platform doesnt work at all, need restart to work properly...

How did you solve this issue with other guy in this topic? Broker is IC market, but tested it on demo, while I am not a gambler to use this platform on real acc if this problem wil still occur.

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2018, 09:27

It could have been a different problem. Can we arrange a TeamViewer session? I have sent you an email in the past but you never replied.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
20 Dec 2018, 13:22

Hi,

yes, we can do teamviewer. What problem could it be?

actually all was good in version 3.2 and now new update to 3.3 gives same issues with lagging platform...I was expecting version 3.3 more stable in this case..
issue:
- unrealized trade triggered by limit order, I wanna create stop or take profit limit order. When I do that platfrom stop responds, after it ll do manage the existing order on market, but then its unusable if platform is not restarted. So, lagging...
How did you help the other guy, so now its working for him? Can you make some suggestion or steps what should be done? This is serious problem for everybody...

Also, advanced trading system, if limit order is trigger, platform will open for me trade with SLs and TPs, trigger breakeven trailing. I would also appreciate MIT orders.
When can we finnaly expect that?

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Dec 2018, 14:08

Please send me an email at community@spotware.com to arrange the TeamViewer session. There is no plan for MIT orders for now but we can consider this given there is demand from the community.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

successfultrader
19 Jan 2019, 01:20

RE:

Hi,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I have a live acc and here is my issue with the c trader getting very slow after mving SL or TP orders.

I recorded a short movie on my google drive 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qxZXbBF5pqV2uEZJKHAZ7xz-eQoW-PNs

Thanks a lot for help.

@successfultrader

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Jan 2019, 12:12

Hi prosperousphantom,

We have received the video and we replied to your email.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
07 Mar 2019, 22:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Hi,

my issue is similar, but in my case it happens with the first attempt to modify limit take profit or stop loss of executed trade... No with limit order for entry!!
Its basically about response of platform...
So, my question is, how did you solve it for prosperousphantom??
I ve tried also to reinstall platform, but didnt help...

@procumulative@gmail.com

amsman
08 Mar 2019, 00:10

I have the same continuing issue of the platform freezing at critical moments issue.... it was an issue in version 2.0, it was an issue in version 3.0... it appears to be more of an issue in 3.3. Anytime you have 20 or so more positions open, multple Indicators, periods of market volitility or simply.... just leave the platform running for 24 hours or more, Ctrader becomes unstable and either hesitates on every operation or freezes completely requiring a restart.

It's cost me money on live accounts (documented in another thread) to the point I use Ctrader for research and place my live trades in MT4..... it's just too unstable when there is a lot of activity... Its a memory use issue (or something more ominous!) that is the root cause of many, many, many posts in these forums.

There is no support offered in these forums to eleviate the problem.... Other than post me you code and we'll have a look... It's not something that is imagined by the Ctrader users.... It's too common a complaint and has been for many years ( 2012+) now.....

I have read through the beta release notes newly posted and haven't seen this issue covered in any form.... Will Ctrader 3.5 address the memory issue...????

@amsman

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Mar 2019, 15:29

It seems you are using a custom indicator. Can you please share it with us?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Mar 2019, 15:32

Dear amsman,

There is no such thing as a single “root” memory issue with cTrader that needs to be addressed. First of all, most of the memory issues are caused by poorly programmed custom cBots and indicators.No matter how efficiently we program cTrader, if the custom cBot/Indicator uses a lof of memory, there is nothing we can do about it. This is why we always ask if a trader is running a custom cBot/Indicator and if yes, we ask for the code to investigate further.

In the rare cases a memory issue is caused by cTrader itself, we ask for the cooperation of traders to address it. I completely disagree with your statement “There is no support offered in these forums to eleviate the problem.... Other than post me you code and we'll have a look...”. We always ask for detailed troubleshooting information to reproduce the problem and we even proceed with TeamViewer sessions to investigate issues on trader machines. As soon as we identify the cause of each issue, we aim to resolve it with the next update. Many members of the community can confirm that they have received such treatment and that their issues have been handled and resolved in a reasonable time.

Also please note that cTrader is an evolving platform that constantly changes as new features and functionalities are introduced.Therefore there is no once and for all solution for everything unless we stop developing the platform. Issues will appear and will be resolved constantly as we release new versions of the platform. This is one of the main reasons we are releasing beta versions before releasing  to brokers. So that you can test it and report to us any issues you might have. Therefore if you still face memory issues with cTrader, let us know how to reproduce and we will be happy to have a look.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
09 Mar 2019, 23:05

RE:

It seems you are using a custom indicator. Can you please share it with us?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi, should I send it here community@spotware.com or somewhere else? I have indicator custom made (just a lil changes) but rest is from this website...

@procumulative@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Mar 2019, 14:35

We have received your email, thanks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
21 Mar 2019, 18:37

RE:

We have received your email, thanks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Did you find something, why this occur to me?

Also found another error, when I wanna modify executed order via that button on limit line, where I get that window to set up target profit etc, it does do same think... platform stop respond for a 5 seconds and after its basically unusable...

Basically something with lagging of executed orders only, that will make platform destroyed... Thats serious I think!!

When will you finally add option for traders to have preset target profits, stop loss, trigger for trailing when limit order is executed, so we dont have to do it individually for every trade. No ATM (advanced trading management) makes from this platform sort of a toy for children.

Like this, plarform will stay in retail world forever :)

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
21 Mar 2019, 18:40

also its loading so slow!!!

Really versions before was awesome, now I am dissapointed every update... it should be light and fast, but its rather hard on performance and slower...

@procumulative@gmail.com

procumulative@gmail.com
21 Mar 2019, 18:48

even closing trade takes several seconds... not 18 - 45ms!!

then platform needs restart...

@procumulative@gmail.com

fxwisdom1@gmail.com
26 Mar 2019, 11:27

RE:

Hi,

YESSS THIS IS HAPPENING ON MY SIDE AS WELL. YOU ARE NOT ALONE....

To admin/developer, try place 5 to 10 positions. Then try modify the SL/TP. It will freeze....

@fxwisdom1@gmail.com

fxwisdom1@gmail.com
26 Mar 2019, 11:30

RE:

Hello all,

If someone can send us a short video demonstrating this problem, it will be helpful for the product team to determine the exact reason of the issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Why need a video??? Every body may not have a video recording software...

How about you replicate what we're doing with what some of us have said.

For instance place at least 10 orders with SL and TP set.

Once everything is set, try modify one of its SL and TP.

You will find cTrader to be not responding...

@fxwisdom1@gmail.com

JS15
07 Apr 2019, 14:54

Currencies stall cTrader

Hi there,

Whenever I display EURCAD, EURUSD and GBPUSD charts my cTrader windows platform slows down a lot and sometimes completely stalls and the charts don't scroll to the past, its really annoying. I have uninstalled it too and when I re-install it the same problem happens. cTrader seems to work fine when I display US30 cfd, GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURJPY charts though. I display 4 windows of diff timeframes of the same mkt.

I have not tried it with all mkts, just the ones I follow the most.

Please help

Regards

JS

@JS15

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Apr 2019, 15:23

Hi Jeshayle,

Can you please send us troubleshooting informatin when this happens again? To do so, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste the link to this comment in the text box and press Submit.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

procumulative@gmail.com
10 Apr 2019, 18:56

good job guys, it took you a few updates, but finally when I modify executed order, platform doesnt freeze...

But I have still one issue and its with drawing. When I draw a line, it dissapear on its own after 3 - 5 seconds.

Add advanced trading manager (ATM), after limit order is filled theres not such option for creating automatically additional orders for stop loss and target profit, it has to be done after limit order is filled manually for each trade and thats a true disadvantage!! Think about it, when somebody is scalping a few ticks, it has to be fast but it takes more than 10s to modify it manually correctly. Why do you say, theres orderflow (DOM) for spot FX, when this crucial stuff is missing! 

Also, make the panel with positions detachable or possiblity to hide it. If somebody want to create a dashboard from chart it takes a lot of valueable place, which could be used betterm, so people could have bigger windows for charts if theres for example 12+ charts opened simultaneously.

Thanks in advance :)

@procumulative@gmail.com