why merge cALGO with cTRADER

Created at 29 May 2018, 12:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GO

GoldnOil1050

Joined 26.01.2016

why merge cALGO with cTRADER
29 May 2018, 12:56

I want to be on record that this is the worst decision...    Reason being that we coders could leave our code on cALGO and do backtesting and run our bots on demo, while we could have a look at charts.

Nowadays, Dual Monitor is common among coders and having this cALGO and cTRADER on different screens was such a brilliant idea and a real thing which coders want...

Now, I am stuck with backtesting, running cBOT on demo all in one application.  Tell me, I have a live account.  I want to do a backtest of a cBOT or run it parrallel on a demo account.???   How do it do it in one application...?  With Separate platofrms, I could let the cBOT run on DEMO on cALGO while I was viewsing charts and working on Live Account....

Please reverse this or you will see coders leaving this platform. The coders/developers are the reason for success of any platform and disturbing them will be disastrous for cTRADER.   This was one of the main edge over MT4;  

PLEASE RE-THINK  and restore cALGO separetely !!!!

@GoldnOil1050
Replies

irmscher9
29 May 2018, 13:02

+1

@irmscher9

irmscher9
29 May 2018, 13:13

On top of that, cTrader 3.0 feels kinda slow.

It indeed was a bad decision to merge cAlgo with cTrader. While keeping it merged inside cTrader, you at least you could leave us an option to work with cAlgo separately.

@irmscher9

GoldnOil1050
29 May 2018, 13:39

I will invite everyone to comment here and let the cTRADER team know that separate platform is good...

Reasons :

1. we could see all our settings on the side frame in cALGO whereas in cTRADER, we get a small pop-up window to have a look at all our settings.  Even the name of the cBOT gets truncated.

2. we coders used Dual monitors, and having two platform was such a nice idea...  now we have to do so many switching among tabs ....  it is quite annoying....

3. We could run cBOT on demo account on cALGO and wait for the results while we can trade live....

and the list goes on......

Please, please !  reverse the decision or atleast give a choice for coders to launch it separately.....!      With so many shortcomings in cTRADER when compared to MT4 but these few features kept it ahead of the race...   and now you are in same with MT4...   and if coders also leave then ?  MT4 success is  also due to so many coders working there...

Support the coders !!!  Bring back separate platforms !!!

@GoldnOil1050

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 May 2018, 13:50

Hi guys,

I understand that this is a big change but what prevents you from running two instances of cTrader at the same time, one for trading and one for coding? There is no difference to running an instance of cTrader and an instance of cAlgo. It is exaclty the same thing, just a different name and logo. On the other hand, it makes it easier to novice users to discover cAlgo and much much easier for us to maintain one codebase instead of two. This arrangement, will allow us to delivered more features in less time to you in future updates.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GoldnOil1050
29 May 2018, 14:53

Hi,

the reason is not good enough...  cTRADER crashes a lot and need to be restarted a lot...  merging them all together and then running two instances will not solve when crashes happen.  

You are killing the coders...  novice users are not at all interested in cALGO... it is the coder thing.  don't kill the coder. already we have only two or three active coders in the cBOT and Indicator section when compared to MT4 which has 1000s of coders.

Managing two code base ?  isn't that easy as these two platforms target market is totally different...   then secondly, changing all the shortcuts and putting them in a  setting button... why are you guys working on the makeup / cosmetics ?

from day 1, this is what I am seeing ...  cTRADER spends most of the time or updates on cosmetics and facelift...  why not work on real issues...  

I am sorry but trust me, it looks like you are not a coder and don't know the importance of having a separate platform...   It was your edge over MT4 to attract coders.  Instead of improving on the cALGO working envoirnment, help section, editor features; coders are being tossed here and there with face uplifts...    cTRADER ID still crashes and if a cBOT is running; it is a big problem.

Solve the real issues; you can read them in the relevant sections...   give real time updates on features rather on just facelifts / cosmetics and telling us a turn around.

Try to understand the difference between Pro Trader, Coders and Hybrids and early learners with no coding background.....   with this merger you are not helping Pro Traders, Novice Traders (with no coding experience) but you are certainly upseting the coders.  Improve the cALGO editor, help sections... add more help files on code use, examples.....

Bring back the two platforms or it will hurt your business...   It was what kept cTRADER separate from others platform.  just my 2 cents.

and thanks for your reply and engaging with the community........

@GoldnOil1050

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 May 2018, 16:34

Hi GoldnOil1050,

If cTrader crashes, then the solution is to fix the crashes, not split the applications. Please report to us when the crashes happen so that we can fix them. Beyond that, your answer does not provide any other reason why you cannot use two instances of cTrader, one for trading and one for developing your cBots. Honestly, there is nothing different here than running cTrader and cAlgo in parallel. Even if one instance crashes the other one stays intact. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GoldnOil1050
29 May 2018, 16:47

make sense....   lets see how it plays out.  It is just that we love cTRADER too much...    :-)

Thank you for replying and engaging with the community....!

@GoldnOil1050

dleeeq8
29 May 2018, 18:55

im calgo coder and i liked the new version two in one. also i liked the new API need to test them more later

problems i see in calgo is if you have too much cbot/indicator projects this will slow down and take more RAM

because every project have its own/chart window

you can make it more light with single chart window and when someone switch project load the new chart?

thanks for the update and keep it up.

@dleeeq8

Traderfofever
30 May 2018, 11:13

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi GoldnOil1050,

If cTrader crashes, then the solution is to fix the crashes, not split the applications. Please report to us when the crashes happen so that we can fix them. Beyond that, your answer does not provide any other reason why you cannot use two instances of cTrader, one for trading and one for developing your cBots. Honestly, there is nothing different here than running cTrader and cAlgo in parallel. Even if one instance crashes the other one stays intact. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I like the new version, thank you for the work:)

@Traderfofever