Huge Repainting When Change TF

Created at 24 May 2018, 17:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EK

eklon.sousa@gmail.com

Joined 28.02.2018

Huge Repainting When Change TF
24 May 2018, 17:30

Guys,

I'm facing a really huge repainting for trend lines. I've ploted in H1 and then changed to M2 . Check out the really weird difference:

https://gyazo.com/e955aef5ab8edbf75ad7111950987094

M2

https://gyazo.com/3aa19486e57295a1b69f464bfa1f9720

H1

The SAME trend line at the SAME moment.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com
Replies

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
24 May 2018, 17:31

Just sent the link /forum/ctrader-support/12968 thru CTRL ALT SHIT T

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 May 2018, 17:36

Hi Eklon,

I don't see any problem. This is expected when the scale of the Y Axis changes.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
24 May 2018, 18:08

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Eklon,

I don't see any problem. This is expected when the scale of the Y Axis changes.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

There is a problem, for sure.

If I'm following a trend in H1, but using M2 to open my orders, how can be right to change this parameters that I'm using with lower timeframes? It need to stay the same in every timeframe. A trend line dosen't change depending on the timeframe

In MT4 plataform this such of repainting do not happen. And it can't happen anyway. .There is no function at all if the trend line change accordingly with timeframes. It is related to prices and times, not to axis or timeframes.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 May 2018, 09:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hi Eklon,

The trend does not change. What is changing is the slope of the line which is related to the scale of the X and Y axis. The slope will change even in the same chart if you chance the scale of the Y or the X Axis. See below some examples from the same time frame.

When you change timeframes then scales change. Based on that the slope will change as well

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Astroke
26 May 2018, 20:23

Hi,

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/32963164-fix-different-representations-of-trendlines-on-dif

Its an really old bug... since 2013.

@Astroke

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
28 May 2018, 11:59

RE:

Astroke said:

Hi,

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/32963164-fix-different-representations-of-trendlines-on-dif

Its an really old bug... since 2013.

yes absolutely it is a bug.
I didn't know bout this old bug record.
But the only way to Spotware correct it is understanding that isn't normal thing . It is a serious issue that for me that make lose any confiability and make me look to another trading plataforms.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

Astroke
28 May 2018, 13:20

I do not trade with Chartist, so I'm not worried about this bug but if you invest with the trend line and price channel this platform can not be profitable for you.

@Astroke

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
28 May 2018, 13:34

RE:

Astroke said:

I do not trade with Chartist, so I'm not worried about this bug but if you invest with the trend line and price channel this platform can not be profitable for you.

Sure, Astroke. For you there is no impact.

But for all those who use technical analysis is a completly untrustable plataform. This is the main point that SpotWare team must understand. I don't know how many traders who use C-Trader use technical analyzis , but for them, with this bug this plataform is unprofitable.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

Astroke
28 May 2018, 14:41

I'm with you, the worst I think is that the problem has always been (2013). 3.0 relesad next week i hope for you they fix this issues

@Astroke

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
28 May 2018, 15:57

RE:

Astroke said:

I'm with you, the worst I think is that the problem has always been (2013). 3.0 relesad next week i hope for you they fix this issues

I was expecting that was a new issue for them. But worse than a old issue is that they still think as a normal thing, as Panagiotis said. They will never fix it

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com