cTrader 3 issues

Created at 29 Mar 2018, 11:10
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

swingfish

Joined 25.06.2016

cTrader 3 issues
29 Mar 2018, 11:10

solving the memory issue (even you guys keep claiming that it is a myth) is a massive improvment .. iam all in for that, and thanks so much ..

plus the Tick charts, making this update somethings i can't wait to trade with on!

here are some things i found/noticed after using it for like 5 minutes.

(somethings telling me, your developers are not exactly adviced by "traders" :) )

but: here we are.

• where is the Full-screen Icon Gone ? (lucky F12 still works, but the left sidebar does not disappear)
  • is there a way to test cTrader 3 with real money (on my broker (ICMarkets))? 
  • oh, you removed the "new chart" option from the file menu, and to make it safe also the option in the chat window as well ..
    now I have zero way to open a chart without making a 1000 clicks navigating through the watchlist right-clicking and whatnot  .. great.
  • who's idea was to merge cAlgo with cTrader? seriously?
    cTrader 2 eats up 900Mb of Memory just by clicking the icon to launch it (well cTrader 3 needs only half of that, that's an improvement),
    so lets put cAlgo right in it makes sense...
    like all the majority of traders do active programming work while they are trading. 
    and besides, even IF you do programming work while trading... i'm sure EVERYONE i will be more than comfortable doing this while connected to a Live Account.
    again .. SERIOUSLY ?? having Algo and Trader seperated was one of the massive things that make Spotware stand out from the competition, to be somewhat professional, as only a novice trader would do such a thing. and we know the competition mainly focuses on Broker benefits and newbie loopholes.
  • also, the bug that candles not being drawn and the "next candle counter stops at  0" is still there! 
    see picture http://spotware.ctrader.com/images/screens/kFT6n.png

want me to check it out another 5 minutes ? ;) 

anyway sorry for the rant .. the speed it operates is just "WOW" .. and the tickcharts make it alot more interesting.
just not really worth a Major Version step as we had the tick charts before and the memory issues where just a bug.

@swingfish
Replies

swingfish
29 Mar 2018, 11:19

never mind about the fullscreen .. found it https://prnt.sc/ixwr2s just pressing F12 is faster anyway 

@swingfish

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Mar 2018, 11:51

Hi swingfish,

I really appreciate your feedback and I will forward it to the Product Managers of cTrader and cAlgo. We are always open to improvements and that is the reason we are releasing a beta version prior rolling out the platform to brokers.

However I feel the need to defend our choice to merge cTrader and cAlgo. This is not a minor feature, it is an architectural choice and it has been very well thought of. The benefits of it are 

1. We have only one application and one codebase to manage. This means faster release cycles and full focus of the cAlgo team on the API and the programming part of the platform.
  2. All features are immediately obvious to the trader. So even a novice trader can find out that cTrader has a programming feature as well and feel free to explore it and find our more if she/he wishes to do so.
  3. This change is inline our product wide strategy, this being offering all features in a single trading application. If you have noticed we have also added the Analyze application and soon cMirror will be merged with cTrader as well in the cTrader Copy tab. For the future, we have more applications in mind i.e cTrader Store.

Regarding the disadvantages you mentioned.

1. There is no restriction in having two instances of cTrader running at the same time. Therefore if you feel uncomfortable trading on a live account and programming a cBot at the same time, just run two instances as you did before. The only difference is that instead of having a cTrader and a cAlgo running, you will have two instances of cTrader. So, I really see no issue here.
  2. Having the two applications merged does not imply that the application will use double the memory. On the other hand, you will save on memory since running only one instance of cTrader will for sure use less memory than two instances. Just for your information there is a UAT in place for cTrader 3.0 not to use more RAM or CPU than cTrader v2.01.

Personally, I see no benefit of having separate applications for manual and automated trading respectively.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous