Ctrader Web bug with dashed/dotted lines

Created at 14 Mar 2018, 13:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EQ

equantfx

Joined 18.07.2016

Ctrader Web bug with dashed/dotted lines
14 Mar 2018, 13:57

HEllo,

not sure if this has been reported,  but  when I setup indicator and style hem by changing the lines to dotted or dot-dash  the alignment is incorrect.  This works smoothly in the desktop app, but in ctrader web on Chrome  the dotted lines are always incorrectly positioned  (They are longer probably due to some errors in the pixel size or coordinate calculation).  In any case the horizontal position is incorrect.

As a workaround I always use the solid lines, but this is a bit unfortunate,  the dotte or dot-dahsed lines help to remove considerable clutter in the charts,  I use them extensively in the desktop app.

shelby

@equantfx
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Mar 2018, 14:06

Hi shelby.pereira,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Do you mind sending us a couple of screenshots so that we can see and investigate further?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

equantfx
14 Mar 2018, 14:54 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hello,

ybove is a very simple example.  I added he Bollinger bands indicator,  middle line is the average and is solid,  upper and lower bands use different dot styles.  We see clearly that the dotted lines are showing data into the future and around 12:35 the upper band is below the middle moving average which is due to the horizantal alignment issue.

Regards,

shelby

@equantfx