Latest cTRader-cAlgo release reconnects every 5 seconds

Created at 24 Feb 2018, 11:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

sifneos4fx

Joined 15.11.2017

Latest cTRader-cAlgo release reconnects every 5 seconds
24 Feb 2018, 11:57

Hello there

When cTRader/cAlgo starts, it  connects to the last account used and stays connected. So far everthing ok. Changing to another account, starts to reconnect every 5 seconds. So, to change account, we now need always to restart the application.

Is this a Spotware or an FXPro bug?

Thanks!

Patrick

@sifneos4fx
Replies

Zenix
24 Feb 2018, 17:25

RE:

patrick.sifneos@gmail.com said:

Hello there

When cTRader/cAlgo starts, it  connects to the last account used and stays connected. So far everthing ok. Changing to another account, starts to reconnect every 5 seconds. So, to change account, we now need always to restart the application.

Is this a Spotware or an FXPro bug?

Thanks!

Patrick

Hello, I have this problem with Ctrader Platform too. it reconnects every 5 seconds!

@Zenix

Manuel Romero Meza
24 Feb 2018, 18:26

I have the same problem...

@Manuel Romero Meza

DeathStarz
25 Feb 2018, 01:31

same, cTrader keeps reconnecting all the time.. 

@DeathStarz

amsman
25 Feb 2018, 01:50

Ctrader, Calgo has been doing this for the last couple of weekends.........Pepperstone, IC Markets, FXPro......happening across the Ctrader Network...

Second time the question's been asked and no answer from Panagiotis......Maybe they don't want 24/7 retail getting the jump on the week working professionals...... 

@amsman

MHBB
25 Feb 2018, 05:22

Same problem for ICMarkets cAlgo, and had this issue a couple of weeks ago at the weekend

It's frustrating, I'm sure there are several of us who work on, and backtest our algorithms at the weekend

If updates or maintenance needs to be carried out, can't they be scheduled and carried out at one go, rather than the servers being unstable all weekend

@MHBB

EthanY
25 Feb 2018, 09:32

Very irresponsible to do maintenance or server crash or whatever it is because spotware systems fail to do update and prep us ahead for such. We are talking about monetary which could be our livelihood too.
@EthanY

EthanY
25 Feb 2018, 09:36

Moreover 21feb. Desktop ctrader crash too, nobody inform us . At this stage ctrader is not a mature product but classified as developing product.
@EthanY

panagiotisbas
25 Feb 2018, 10:54

@panagiotisbas

mparama
25 Feb 2018, 12:22

...When I try to change account in cAlgo the platform freeze..........and there is no way to change account as even restarting cAlgo it reconnect to the last account......

Any solutions ???

@mparama

AddaBec
25 Feb 2018, 15:20

Is this going to be fixed? everytime i open account cTrader keeps reconnectring, i cant scroll back in history without cTrader keep disconnecting?

Market opens soon,   and i have not made up my trade strategy yet because of this! 

i need this to be fixed, i live off Forex.

@AddaBec

sifneos4fx
25 Feb 2018, 19:23

RE:

Dude, there is no bugless software, maybe in a perfect world :) Instead be thankfull for the great software spotware is providing us. This is a major bug, they will fix asap, you will see!

EthanY said:

Very irresponsible to do maintenance or server crash or whatever it is because spotware systems fail to do update and prep us ahead for such. We are talking about monetary which could be our livelihood too.

@sifneos4fx

douglascvas
25 Feb 2018, 22:22

That is an old issue already

/forum/calgo-support/12392?page=1#7

@douglascvas

amsman
25 Feb 2018, 23:20

Patrick said: This is a major bug, they will fix asap, you will see!

Douglas said: That is an old issue already...../forum/calgo-support/12392?page=1#7 (Early February 2018)

"Next time you experience this issue, please send troubleshooting information to our QA team. You can do so by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and then pressing the "Submit" button. In the description, please paste the link of this discussion."

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Really..... Spotware is not aware of this ongoing issue.....please

@amsman

DeathStarz
25 Feb 2018, 23:35

We need an answer from some official people on cTrader, i have big positions over the weekend!

I understand bugs happen, but i need a response if they are aware of it.

@DeathStarz

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Feb 2018, 11:29

Hi everybody,

Our product teams are aware of the issue and are working to resolve this. This seems to happen during the weekends. It should not happen during trading hours. I will keep you informed as soon as we have some updates.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Feb 2018, 12:05

Hi again,

We have posted an announcement about this issue and instructions on how to fix it. You can find it here

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MHBB
27 Feb 2018, 03:07

Thanks Panagiotis and Spotware team for providing a workaround, and working to address this issue

@MHBB

ctid430990
27 Feb 2018, 05:46

Dear Pantagiotis,

It's great to see the team is active, and that you are regularly involved in the forums. 

I'm new to automated trading, have been doing manual for some time but now I want to automate my strategies.  MT was too clunky.  Found cTrader and love the fresh approach.  It's critically reassuring to see you guys getting on top of issues.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Chris

@ctid430990